AGM 2011 with Donington Track Day

Hi Chris,
I too believe it to be a noisy day, having spoken to Desmond on the matter and the following is now on the club site:

"There will be three track sessions per hour; GT40 novices, GT40 experienced; and Experts. The track session is quote "a noisy day meaning there are no noise tests, which is good news". Shortly I will contact you to show which session you have chosen."
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I subscribed and took a garage aswel at 25,00 UKP but not sure what this mean, ie: is this per car or can we share cars in the garage ?
Is there anything I need to arrange with the GT40 club ?

tx
Fred

Chris M. and Keith. As posted by Steve, the bookings for GT40 club have closed and Bookatrack have taken on the remaining places at (I think) £240 per car/driver. Steve posted a link to the Bookatrack site in this thread. I think it is a noisy day or at least 105dB as mentioned earlier.

Fred, the best person to ask is Desmond Finnan. he organised the day for the GT40's and has details, but I think the garage cost is per car with up to 3 cars sharing per garage. My 40 moved a little closer over the weekend as I got the rear wheels back on and the car off the axles stands, hope to have it running again by the end of the month.

Chris M. and Keith. As posted by Steve, the bookings for GT40 club have closed and Bookatrack have taken on the remaining places at (I think) £240 per car/driver. Steve posted a link to the Bookatrack site in this thread. I think it is a noisy day or at least 105dB as mentioned earlier.

i will book direct with BAT then once i am a little closer to having my car back ready and available.

out of interest, do the club members get a discount/subsidised price through the club for the trackday? (ie is it worth me joining the club for future events etc if allowed?)

Thanks very much for the info guys, I am planning to book two spaces tomorrow for the Donnington event but I've noticed that it says Ford V8s only. I'm thinking of taking 2 of my Lolas (have 4 in total t70s) and both of these have SBC units. Do you think this would be a problem?
Thanks
Keith

Out of interest, do the club members get a discount/subsidised price through the club for the trackday? (ie is it worth me joining the club for future events etc if allowed?)

Chris,
That's exactly what Club members who committed before 1st December are getting - a discounted price as a reward for putting their money on the line while we were still making arrangements and being asked to put up money by the circuit.
BookaTrack have stepped in to fill up the numbers, because the Club isn't into track day organisation and is willing to let professionals do the job.
It's definitely worth joing the Club - not for Donington 2011, but there are likely to be other discounts and we definitely plan to repeat the exercise in 2012.
Go to the website to see other advantages of Club membership.

Noisybeast - what an odd name - your Lolas would be very welcome; we already have several, but you'll have to book through Bookatrack. I wouldn't leave it too long as places are filling up fast.

cheers tony. i am considering it if welcome with a t70, my main concern was that as my car is non road legal i dont as such get any benefits from clubs who in the main do sunday runs/meets etc, but if there is regular track action etc i'm interested. I'm still a member of the GT4 owners club despite having sold my road car, as the club still let me bring the t70 to their annual trackday :thumbsup:
I'm on the supercar driver forum also, they are just about to introduce a £40 membership fee but not as yet booking or organising trackdays, just road runs etc.

will have a look at the club site thanks.

Chris,
Join the Club and stick around - we're about to form an Essex area group. You'll be able to bounce ideas around and contribute ideas. There's an announcement coming out in the March Fortyfication.
In the meantime, if you can make it, your nearest group meets at Silvermere on the A3 near Ripley see the Surrey Area. We meet every second Wednesday and it's a large and lively group. Food's not bad either. There are a number of Essex guys who come round the M25.

hi tony
in south yorks unforunately, but i did go to the Gt40 photoshoot day at cadwell last season and got chatting to some members, some nice people :)
anything up in this area you are aware of?

As an ordinary member of the club, I thought I would just mention that the discount on the track day for club members more than pays for the annual membership of the club - and space in a pit garage is included in the price. Also there are other advantages of being a club member, not least the excellent quarterly magazine "Fortification".

Answering Fred from Belgium's question about the pit garage he has paid for, it is usual at track days that if you pay for a garage, you will have it to yourself unless you invite others to join you. I would assume it is the same in this case. The club has been given a block of garages which have been allocated to those who booked early and got the discount and there will be more than one car per garage in order to accommodate everyone.

from the sound of it the trackday then is well worth joining the club for, is it something that will be done each year do you think?
the GD owners havent had much for the last few years but last season we had a decent sprint day at curbrough, altho its not actually a paid club, just a gathering of owners with their cobras and T70s. think i am going to join the Gt40 club then!

Max Walter

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
There are other good reasons to join the club, not least being the club magazine "Fortyfication" that Tony produces, which is always full of interesting articles and pictures.

Max

Back