AGM 2011 with Donington Track Day

AGM 2011 - Donington Track Day
The GT40 Enthusiasts Club has been negotiating with Donington Track with regard to our AGM next year. They have indicated that they could make the track available to the Club on April 24th, 2011. This is planned to be a public event which means the Club will get maximum exposure. There will be fees for public admission; Members will get in free.
Additional benefits are that we get half price admission to the Wheatcroft Car collection, plus the Historic Motor Sports Club will be on the Loop, and their amazing car boot sale will be in a separate portion of the site accessible to us from the track, with numerous other auto bits sales suitable for GT40s.
It is anticipated that the Track will cost £150 per car, £30 per additional driver and £10 per passenger. The drivers briefing will be at 08:30 and track time will be at 09:00 till 17:00 with an hour at lunch time for the AGM in the media centre. The event will be fully marshalled with medical facilities. Food will also be available.
This is excellent value, however it is necessary for you to commit before December 1st. Without our commitment the event will not take place. This will be a milestone for the Club and it is important to make it a success.
Following the momentum of the LMC 2010 we have invited other clubs to join us in order to get weight of numbers, and keep the costs down. This has had a very welcome response. We will emphasise that GT40 members take precedence. Interest in this event so far is 31 people wishing to take to the track; we are trying to get 80 to make the event successful.
Please urgently let your Area Representatives know your interest or e-mail Desmond Finnan (Press Relations).

Paul

I understand the date for this great chance to get out on track with lots of other GT40's, has moved to Saturday the 23 April 2011.

We need to get bookings in by the end of November so my cheque is on its way.

Who else is up for this?

Steve

Mike Pass

Supporter
I will be booking in for the track time also as I have never been round Donnington. Very glad that it is back up running again after the fiasco.
Cheers
Mike

Paul

I understand the date for this great chance to get out on track with lots of other GT40's, has moved to Saturday the 23 April 2011.

We need to get bookings in by the end of November so my cheque is on its way.

Who else is up for this?

Steve

Hi Steve,
You are quite right about the date. It is planned to be the 23rd, assuming sufficient deposits are received by the 1st December.
Hopefully we can get sufficient 40s there and make a good day of it. Have only been on the circuit in a parade behind a slowish pace car and would dearly love to negotiate it's sweeping curves at speed.

Hi Paul

Lets hope that anyone interested gets a deposit sent in ASAP as 1 Dec is only 20 days away!

It would be a great shame if it failed through lack of responses.

There is a chance here for members who are still building cars to get a passenger ride for the £10 extra, I did this at the Tour Britannia track morning at Oulton Park I found it even more fun sharing. I'd be happy to do it again if this comes off.

Come on guys get the deposits sent in and join in the fun

Steve

Malcolm

Supporter
Donnington is a great track, Johnny and Book a track are a bunch of nice guys so will plan to be there! Looking forward to it.

Malcolm

Supporter
Ian,

Talk to Mick. He has just developed a new silencer that is very quiet. They make it in house so it will be good value for money. I think it took about 5 dB off Glenn's car. Both Goodwood and the IVA guys have made positive comments directly to Southern GT over how good it was that a manufacturer had made a real effort over silencing our cars. It is quite a trick peice of kit considering how simple it is.

My cheque will be sent tonight, so looking forward to getting on the track. Desmond has said there are now about 17 booked (not including me) and that is not enough, we may yet get it cancelled. Hope we get enough to make it happen. If it goes ahead I hope to see you all there.

Looking back on the emails Desmond has also said that the noise limit is 105dB. At the only track day I have tried to attend I was measured at between 101 and 104dB so my car should qualify as is. I will be taking my add on silencers (approx 5dB reduction) as a precaution. These are 2.5inch DIA attachements and are designed for TVRs for track days, they just clamp straight onto the ends of the tail pipes. Cost about £40 for the pair. If there is anyone out there hesitating because of the noise issue these should sort that.

Chris GD T70

Come and join in the fun.

I am not sure if membership of GT40 Enthusiasts Club is mandatory so check with Paul B or join up.

Regards

Steve

Hi,
I'm booked onto this track day as a member of one of the invited clubs, The 289 Register and I'll be coming along in my Cobra.

FILE0300.jpg

Can someone confirm that it is a "noisy" day as my Cob' is pretty loud and I would hate to get there only to be turned away due to noise restrictions.

Looking forward to it.

Thanks,
Paul

Paul, as mentioned earlier Desmond has said that the limit is 105dB, for worried 40 owners ( I know they won't fit the cobs side pipes) in an earlier post I mentioned some add ons that I purchased to make my 40 quieter. Here is a link to that site. Trackday Silencers : ACT Performance Products Ltd, - your source for TVR upgrades, components and performance accessories.. I have not used these in anger yet but I have tried them on the car and they do make it quieter. I have no assosiation with the company but did find them OK to use.

Update from Desmond (via email) for those that don't already know, Date is now 25th April (Bank holiday Monday) and there is now an official title "Historic Ford V8 Festival" and it is a public day. According to Desmond "Donington have given us access to the pit garages. We have been allocated 18 garages, 36 down to 19,. I (DEsmond) will be in garage 36 and BookaTrack will be in 38 and 37. This is where the signing on will be at 08.00. and the drivers' briefing at 08.30 and hourly thereafter for late risers". Three sessions per hour, GT40 novices, GT40 experienced; and Experts. I know Desmond has contacted all those signed up for the day, but for those that were undecided or now would like to go along for the atmosphere I thought I would let you know the latest, looks like being a great day, let's hope the weather is good.

Due to a mix-up regarding the noise limits, I have lost my original place.
Therefore, if anyone has booked and then decides or discovers they can't attend, I would be happy to buy your place off you.

Thank you.

Regards,
Paul

At the Surrey meeting this week there were rumours (or even fact) that there would be no noise limits at Donnington, which would be very good news for some of us. This seems to be supported by the details for Donnington on the Book-a-Track website. Does anyone know for sure?

Chris

Back