Single Vehicle Approval

As I'm a newbie looking at realising my dream of owning a GT40 by building one sometime in the near future I am very conscious of the regulatory environment that we now have in the UK.

Looking at the SVA rules it appears that a GT40 in its true guise would not pass this test and would have to be 'modified' to do so.

As an example the front indicators need to be 350mm high

This looks to me as though they would need to be approximately where the headlights now are!

Has anyone in the UK recently had experience of putting their GT40 through this test and would they be willing to inform us of how they managed to get their car through and then register it with the DVLA?

I do not want to find out after purchasing a self build car that it will not be registerable in the UK unless major modifications are made that will detract from an otherwise
magnificent bodyshape etc.

Brett

Thanks for the info.

Daves site is very informative and has alieviated some of my fears.

I am going to try and talk to him personally.

My question has also initiated an e mail from the GT40 enthusiasts club about their next meeting for West London branch which I will endeavour to attend.

From the start of my perusing this forum I had the feeling that this was a community of like minded individuals who would go out of their way to help one another.

These responses and others that I have read about have truly confirmed this view and have convinced me that this is a project that I will complete come hell or high water, with the secure knowledge that there will always be someone within this forum who will be there to answer a question/query however mundane and offer advice and help.

John J

Andy Sheldon

Tornado Sports Cars
GT40s Sponsor
Being based in the UK we regularly SVA cars. We see it as part of the service to help our customers with this process .Its just a case of knowing how to go about it and what to write on the paper work.

Andy - Tornado

Back