SLC preview for Gearz TV Show.

Last night's episode was very frustrating to wait for-- only a handful of minutes spent on the SL-C. I would recommend that Fran send in a couple of photos of an SL-C in his shop for the "what are you working on ?" segment. It would get more air time.

Stacey works hard to keep everyone happy....viewers and businesses alike...

I know we will all get to see more of the SL-C in future shows....we are all a little biased and want as much SL-C as we can but we have to let everyone have their turn.

The Apex would be a great WAYWO though

I like Stacy's show. But like some one said. All these shows are 30 minutes ads. I do not have a problem with that. He is not like most shows. Were they put 20k in a 5 k car or truck. He is more of a do it in your home kind of guy.

I will give the build time though. I bet he is shooting multiple shows a week. Stacy also seems like he dose most of the work him self. So it takes time to build stuff. For all we know he could have a load of parts coming. I have a feeling down the road. There will be some pretty good build shows in the future.

Yeah, what happened? I saw the SLC episodes quite awhile ago when I first found this whole RCR/Superlite thing, and there's been nothing since. Last night he was working on a pretty cool 4BY, but there was the SLC in the background on a stand, partially built!

Maybe Stacy is trying to give viewers the real home built experience...

...Where you get halfway through the project, get stuck on something and lose your motivation until either the wife threatens you, or you sell the car because you've lost your job or your "interests" have changed. :)

Not that any of this has ever happened around here.

However, it would be nice if he just "got on with it". I gave up trying to follow the build on his show.

Hah, that's pretty good stuff about being realistic to building a car with the fits and starts!

But your last sentence is the crux for me. It's not a very good way to entice people to watch a show. They get interested in a project that goes on several consecutive, or almost so, episodes, then nothing for a long time. People stop watching.

I just caught an episode of gears the other day and he was working on it. He installed the lights and the glass. He then took the body off to install the engine and drive line.

This was news to me, but, the children are always the last to know.

Apparently, Fox, owners of SPEED intend convert SPEED into FOX SPORTS 1, which will broadcast all sorts of national sports, as well as F1, while sending the remaining automotive-related programing to the FUEL station.

According to Wikipedia, FOX figures that it already has a builtin viewership with SPEED, and can use that as a stronger vehicle to launch its own sports network.

I wonder if I'm gonna have to buy yet another tier on my cable system?

Apparently, Fox, owners of SPEED intend convert SPEED into FOX SPORTS 1, which will broadcast all sorts of national sports, as well as F1, while sending the remaining automotive-related programing to the FUEL station.

F1 is going to NBC for at least the next 4 years to air on NBC and the NBC Sports Network. NBC will air 4 races and the rest will be on NBC Sports Network. They say they will air all practice and qualifying too, and Matchet and Hobbs are part of the crew but not Varsha.

It's a real bummer to know Bob Varsha will not transition with Matchet and Hobbs to NBC next year. You could see his lips quivering and trying to hold back tears after the last F1 race as he said goodbye to his partners in crime after so many years. Those three probably made up the best announcing trio in any sports category.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
I wonder if I'm gonna have to buy yet another tier on my cable system?

More than likely... I remember back when my cable company (Time Warner) first started carrying Speedvision (now Speed), it came with Basic Cable. A year later, they changed everything up and put Speedvision on the third tier along with The Golf Channel, The Bowling Channel, The Let's Watch Paint Dry Channel... Grrrrrr... Then they sold the whole nine yards to Comcast and guess what! The @holes changed it all up again! I had to buy darned near $100 worth of cable to get Speed!!!! I ditched them and got Direct TV Dish.. Of course they too had to put it on a tier with all the college football channels... Grrrr.... I'll be honest with you... I've been so darned busy the last two years, I don't think I have watched more than 10 hours of TV in that time. And most of that was the news... Matter of fact, I didn't even watch election results.. I just tuned into the Paddock here and got it all right from the horse's as... Er... Mouth! :thumbsup:

I just watched them on Youtube, the Gears people need to learn how to organize their episodes on Youtube, it was informative, but is that guy wearing a wig? looks like the same hair cut the oakland A's had in the 70's 80's and 90's

Back