SLC water pipe system pictures ?

Doc, in my case it is far less expensive to bend up some tubing vs purchasing long lengths of AN-20 or 21 braided hose. We can also easily adapt AN fittings should we desire, at the ends. Simply personal preference. The supplied stainless parts will do the job fine. Just a few more hose connections needed.

I would guess that aluminum (221 W/mK) would transfer a tiny bit more heat than the SS (21 W/mK), acting as more radiator plumbing. Not to over-emphasize the benefits, though....

Plan to wrap with insulation when done. Easily done when they are in one piece.
I would wrap the stainless parts as well if I were to use them. We don't have the heat migration in the cockpit as the GT40's do.

Howard Jones

Supporter
The reason I am going to bend up my own tubing is to eliminate several couplings, particularly in the radiator area at the front of the car. I intend to make each side into two pieces. The first one from the radiator out of the front of the car along the wheel well and into the side pod. At about half way back put in a coupling and then continue the second piece back around the rear of the side pod and into the engine bay to the engine.

Nothing wrong with the pipes included. In fact they are very good quaility. I intend to use them to make the custom setup. Just cut them up and use them to make the bends in a pipe bender and weld it back together like the pictures above.

The parts that might be useful to others would be the front of the system in the radiator area. The engine room pieces will change with engine type.

Is this what you're looking for?

Attachments

• Water_Pipe.jpg
    Water_Pipe.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 230
Back