so - where the heck are the cars?

so where are the cars? are they actually producing them?

i've heard of only two actual, end-user, customer deliveries thus far: the charity car bought by john shirley and jay leno's car.

what's the deal? does ANYBODY know a dealer that actually has received a car (i doubt jay leno sauntered into his local dealer for his car; and obviously shirley did not)?

anybody know what's going on?

doody.

Mullinax Ford here in Orlando had a yellow one on their showroom floor about 3 weeks ago, don't know what happened to it.RWJ

Well, there is the one that crashed, and I heard that some one saw a GT on the freeway in LA. I could have been Leno, but there are lots of Filth Rich Car nuts in LA, so there is a good chance it wasn't.

something is \"off\"

i think something is awry in the production process.

let's say they intend to build 1200 cars per year - that's 100 per month. if they've been delivering cars for two months now (first delivery was early august) that's 200 cars that should be delivered by now.

for comparison, there are only about 250 360 Challenge Stradales in the country at this point, and i've seen a couple on the roads already in MA. the statistical odds that i wouldn't see a GT in the same time period are small.

other than the accident (which could have been a factory car for all we know, right?) and the yellow one spotted briefly in a showroom (which also could have been a factory car making rounds), we've got only two known cars delivered - both to special buyers.

perhaps they shipped the 100 euro cars first?

confused,
doody.

Re: something is \"off\"

yeah, what's "off" is my math skills /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

sorry - one month of deliveries, 100 cars. maybe i wouldn't have seen one in MA then, but it seems like we should have heard of more than four max at this point.

sorry 'bout that!

doody.

Re: something is \"off\"

I'm sure that Ford will be able to make more cars in the last month than the first. If there are only 50 cars out there, the odds go down even more.

Re:

at least youse have seen them... im in Oz... havent seen one on the road... only in the pics...
how would i go about transporting one over here?

Re:Ford GT delivery

I just talked to a friend at Ford about the GT deliveries, only about 10 have been delivered to date. He said there were some problems, but didn't know what they were. RWJ

MWGT40

Supporter

Well if they are in Europe, I certainly haven't seen any in the UK other than the press car that turned up for magazine tests and some tv shows.

Martin,
Apparently they were giving people rides around the test track at work this week at Dunton.... and here I am stuck in Germany. Reports from people are that it conforms to what Fran said. Man I sometimes love my JOB........

Brett

Damn, I was down at Dunton on sunday for the air ambulance charity ride to Harwich, maybe I should have hid out in one of the bushes /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Only a few cars out ie Jay Leno's, 1st one that Christies auction off and the one the gave last years NASCAR champion. Many in production and dealers will start seeing them in November.

Back