Space Frame Vs Monocoque

HI John,
I went for space frame and decided on the RF40. It came down to the CAV and RF in the end but after sitting in both cars the RF won. There is much more head room in the RF and the pedals are not as offset as the CAV.

The quality of the RF and completeness of the kit, the local representation and the feedback from current builders made it an easy choice. Finally when specced very simularly the RF was about £7K less expensive than the component form CAV. But, when all said and done it was how I fit in the car that made the decision.

Now I have to get that "honey do" list finished so I can focus on car building next year.

So does Rick finally have his RF demo car ?
I am awaiting a call/email from him as it was not available in early february.

I had concluded too that the RF was cheaper than the CAV, and the Tornado. I'm still sitting on the fence at the moment though awaiting more details on some other options /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

What delivery date were you given - this time next year or sooner ?

Good luck with the job list /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Cheers,
John.

Hi John,
No, Rick does not have his car yet.I was fortunate enough to spend a evening with Jerry Evans and pester him about the car and process. He took the time to make sure the interior was in so I could try it on for size. Overall a top chap with plenty of enthusiasm.

I have not been given a solid delivery date but worst case is late next winter(Feb) best case could be Christmas /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif.I guess it depends how the new factories come up to speed.

Back