SPF 40 at BJ?

Samantics aside, what interests us in these sales is simply this:

What someone paid for their car = hammer price plus buyer's fee

What someone got for their car = hammer price less seller's fee

scott: Are you aware that the sale prices on the Barrett Jackson website reflect the hammer price and do not include buyer's premium? Check it out at 480-421-6694. Maybe you could explain to them that they are doing it wrong. Be sure to report back to us with your findings.

Barrett Jackson didn't sell the car, Russo and Steele did.

Kevin,

It appears to be an excellent buy,but remember some of the cars were ordered by the SPF dealers before the price increases.I think Spydermike got his for around that amount retail.So it is a gret buy.Nice color combo too...

The early rollers like mine (S/N 20) were $65k. Add the Roush 427 SR at $15k, the RBT ZF at $10K and the Oltoff install at $5K and extra bits at $2K and tranport across th US at $2K and I came in at around $100K round numbers.

Mike

Yup..............I think that SPF 40 MK II was an excellent buy at B/J last week. The only thing which may have held it back was the fact it was a small block 302 with a four barrel. Had it been a correct 427, as the Mark II s were , it might have gone higher. But most likely it simply was a matter of the right bidders not being there ........which seems to happen a lot when it comes to exotic sport cars at B/J. ! The crowd seems to be made up mostly of muscle car mukleheads. Anyway, the guy who got that car did well !

Last edited:
The SPF is a replica so lets be honest - no matter what, a numbers matching Cuda, Vette or Mustang etc with the right trim or options package is going to command the money & in my mind many deserve that distinction. Period correct production cars, rare in numbers are going to set the bar for everything else that rolls across the block and it appears that is what most BJ attendee's are after. It's hard to sway the "kitcar" mentality of a lot of people, no matter how detailed or true to the original car.

Had the SPF GT40's (as an example) been built as "limited edition" of say 50 cars only, to "spec" then maybe the supply/demand might warrant bigger dollars but I think we are comparing apples to oranges.

Enjoy your 40 because they are all beautiful in my book - who cares what the auction brings.

Chris

Back