SPF Numbers

Salina Bailey

Supporter
Jim I am actually going to order that book today. I will make sure I order the right volume, I bet its a really good book. Are the pictures good? color photographs?

Dave they titled the car as an 09 already, or so they say, not sure how it works. We live out in the sticks and so far do not have to smog test anything. Which is a good thing. What did you do about license plates though? where did you put the rear one and with what frame so it had a light? and seriously...where in the hec do you put the front plate???

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Red,

No the pix are b&w, and the paper is very thin. That said the book has tons of info with some very interesting articles and makes a great referance source

Salina Bailey

Supporter
Red,

No the pix are b&w, and the paper is very thin. That said the book has tons of info with some very interesting articles and makes a great referance source

I choked on my coffee...245 bucks! I did find it on amazon for 225. doesnt matter though, its probably something one should have, especially if your own car is in it.

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
Jim I am actually going to order that book today. I will make sure I order the right volume, I bet its a really good book. Are the pictures good? color photographs?

Dave they titled the car as an 09 already, or so they say, not sure how it works. We live out in the sticks and so far do not have to smog test anything. Which is a good thing. What did you do about license plates though? where did you put the rear one and with what frame so it had a light? and seriously...where in the hec do you put the front plate???

You can buy bolts that have LEDs in them at custom motorcycle shops, work great for plate lights. The front plate goes under the front seat!

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
To me the Daytona Coupe has to be the ulitmate touring car...it is on my list.

Just curious, Mike, why the Daytona over the GT40? Would it be the more convenient design of the doors, the potential for luggage, what?

Like you, it's on my list, too.....my "Holy Trinity" would be a 289FIA Cobra, a Daytona Coupe, and a GT40 MkI :2thumbsup: !!

Oh, yeah.....I'd like to throw in a well built Porsche 550 Spyder for my daughter, too (it's her favorite classic car!!).

Doug

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
The front plate goes under the front seat!

LMAO, Rick :thumbsup: !

Sadly, the police here in TX don't have the same sense of humor (in fact, I often wonder if they even have a sense of humor at all). One of my fellow Houston Cobra Club members just got a ticket for no front plate.....I guess the police would have him obstruct the fishmouth or the oil-cooler scoop?

Doug

Same in Washington. will find someplace to hang. does anyone have any pics of a rear plate holder? where did you mount it? lights?

I edged my plate with some black vinyl trim piece and tie wrapped it to the screen mesh in back. My plate is lit up by the flames coming out of my exhaust...

oh, and I have replaced the two white with two black tie wraps...

Attachments

• Camera%20install.jpg
    Camera%20install.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 325
Last edited:

Red,
I got a chrome license light that only fastens to the top of the plate. Think I bought it at Wal Mart or an auto parts store-it's for trailer use I think. wired it thru the mesh grill at the back like Sypder Mike's plate. No front plate. Doesn't seem to be a problem around the Portland area.

It sounds like it was the same car. as the dealership said it belonged to Doug Reed, SPF dealer in LA. The OH gets excited about MK IV's and I find we live about 15 miles from someone building one. how cool is that? careful with that dreamin stuff...it got us about 20+ cars every time someone dreamed around here!! :shocked:

Red, it does look like Doug's blue MKII. If so, I was the second "civilian" to drive it. I flew down to Road Atlanta to see the first SPF cars when they were doing the filming for Two Guys Garage. Doug was nice enough to invite me along on its maiden drive and gave me a turn at the wheel. Here is a picture of Doug filling its fuel tank for the first time. The second shot is Tom Hnatu and myself taken while they were attaching cameras to the cars for the filming. (That's Dennis Olthoff walking away.) The last shot is Tom getting ready for his first drive in Dennis' MKII. (Big boy in a small car!)

Attachments

• IMG_2118.jpg
    IMG_2118.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 336
  • IMG_2142.jpg
    IMG_2142.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 329
  • IMG_2160.jpg
    IMG_2160.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 343

Salina Bailey

Supporter
Thanks for all the plate pics and suggestions. The LED bolts look pretty interesting. Will let you know with pics how it ends up. We got the paperwork today and I am still not sure where that first VIN came from because its not on the paperwork either.

Daryl!!! I read your thread last night! how awesome! can you tell me what year that was? what episode of dream car garage was it? I have a pic of the big guy Tom in the red car and all 3 cars lined up. So how did our new car ride? they didnt thrash on it to hard did they? :)

Jim,

Can you please check The Registry to see who's name is on GT40P2207? Just wondering if it got undated to me. Thanks.

RedReiner, congrats on your new MkII. Love the color.

Salina Bailey

Supporter
Thanks!! it was that color or a black one. We were looking for a black one that I saw in a photo and found this one. It should be here in the next couple days. Hauler was thinking Wednesday, Thurs. latest. Hope its Wed...

Daryl thanks again for the photos! Those were great pictures!

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
906er

The Shelby Registry shows P2207 to be owned by D&M motorsport, this # was last updated 04/2008.

Back