SPF Numbers

Salina Bailey

Supporter
waiting waiting waiting....another hour or so and the hauler should be here. going to meet him in town and unload it there, drive it home. I will video as it leaves the parking lot :)

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Randy, in the back of the registry book they have a guy to contact for each type, I do not remember the GT40 guys name.

Tim Kay

Lifetime Supporter
Is 2008 the latest edition of the Registry that contains SPF GT40 chassis numbers? Is there a public web site that contains the registry like Porsche does with the GT3RS or do you have to buy the book?

Tim

The data was gathered and printed for both registries the by SAAC team and after the shut off date went to print. It was 1987 when the last issue was printed, one book with all the vehicles mentioned in it, less all the new GT 40's from SPF etc. The current 2 books are available through a few sources. I got one of each from Peter Brock @ BRE2.net , or call 702-558-3974. They give very good service and you can request a personal signature from Peter at no extra charge with in the book. It may be another 10 plus years before another up dated set could be made. FOREVER FORD................(no bail-outs)

Seymour Snerd

Lifetime Supporter
Is 2008 the latest edition of the Registry that contains SPF GT40 chassis numbers? Is there a public web site that contains the registry like Porsche does with the GT3RS or do you have to buy the book?

Tim

There's a registry associated with "SCOG" (Superformance Cobra Owners Forum) but I don't know how you get access to it. I belonged at one point, but very quickly realized it wasn't worth the money. In fact I would pay not to be associated with it. But that's another story....

Tim Kay

Lifetime Supporter
There are P20XX cars that replicate a specific chassis for a premium, and there are P21XX and subsequent serial numbers for those others.

Can someone look in the registry and see if P2091 is in it and is it replicating any one car specific?

Thanks,
Tim

Tim Kay

Lifetime Supporter
Thanks Alan, guess it hasn't made it in the book yet. It was privatly owned a while back.

Keith

That's a fantastic car. One question - how strict are they for historical or vintage style racing? I am having a bit of difficulty with the quote:

This is a precise and historically accurate licensed continuation model 1966 GT40 Mk. I

Unquote.

With Dart aluminium heads and a Boss 302 block??

It seems they've gone to a lot of trouble fitting period correct parts inc. 48 IDA's but I am puzzled by the engine components.

Perhaps it's because I am used to FIA Historics in Europe which insist on period correct engine parts too, although they might be of modern manufacture. You do see a lot of hedging at the Goodwood Revival but really, that is just a 'show'

Is this equivalent of the 'Historic Passport' where it 'essentially' in period?

Back