stalkswitch

does anyone know from witch car this switch originaly came ?
I know that it's for the indicator,horn and lights
I'm looking for it but can't find it
frank

Attachments

• GT40TimAchenbach6-10-060007.jpg
    GT40TimAchenbach6-10-060007.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 587

Brian Magee

Supporter
Frank

These are Lucas units that were fitted to various British Leyland cars. There are various length stems, some with slight cranks in them. The one I bought came in a Lucas box with a hand written label saying '39162 Austin Maxi 1970'. That may or may not be a Lucas part no. They occasionally turn up in autojumbles. Happy hunting.

Brian.

Brian Magee

Supporter
Hi Frank
They are designed to clamp round the steering column so you will need to make a bracket behind the dashboard.

Brian

Attachments

• Stalk switch.jpg
    Stalk switch.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 487

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
It also looks real similar to one fitted on my 1972 ford Capri (Butt that did not turn lights on) It was indicatrs (up and down movement), Hooter - press the stalk to the senter of the column and also change from high to low beam and "flash" high beam

Ian

JimmyMac

Lifetime Supporter
The information and Ford part number is already on this site somewhere.
You just have to look for it.

Frank,

Call Mischa Bouman of Speedon,
he knows a lot of English parts and can get it for you.
He goes every month to England.
He did own a mini garage in Holland, is now importer of Gardner Douglas and Striker.
Tel: 0318 690 122

Btw Frank, i have got an UN1 from Friesland €. 450,00, so i put the GTD together at least.

Lucas

thanks james i will have a look mayby i can also get it here in holland also

that's great lucas when will you be on the road again are you going to take the gt to spa
i'm going on sunday because my wife's birthday on saterday i'm trying to get gerard with us to
frank

Back