Supplier of Gaskets required - pref UK..

NOTE - I'm posting this here too (as well as parts section) as I think the parts section may restrict who can reply.?

So - Again...
Anyone over here know where we can find a new pair of head gaskets?

The ones required fit a Ford 351 Big Bore (4.160") and the fire-rings are not round, but shaped to allow for larger inlet valve.

Real Steel - quote 2weeks! - and Repower are closed all this week - doh!

Anyone know of anyone else? or have a spare set on the shelf? (I wish...)

Required for our high speed attempt this coming weekend..

Ron Earp

Admin
Paul, if you can locate a supplier in the US I'll try and get them for you and expressed to you directly. 351W at 4.160" would be no trouble, but I don't know about this odd shaped fire ring. Got a brand, number, or anything like that?

If I could get them Tuesday morning at a local shop, off to you Tuesday at 2pm express, I could probably get them to you by Thursday afternoon I think. When I mailed my fire suit and helmet over I did so on a Monday and it was there by Thursday AM without trying express, so, there might be a chance. I'll be happy to do it and if Roy's wife's book comes in before then I'll send it along too.

Ron

Ron Earp

Admin
No problem. I can stop by two good parts stores and my engine builders' shop in the AM, he is a Ford guy, so there is a reasonable chance he'd have some around or would know where to lay his hands on some quick. 125 over is getting common these days with a lot of the newer blocks in use so finding some lying around is possible.

Hi Ron + ALL

Many thanks for the emails / pm's received with various suggestions - we have managed to source in the UK and should have them tomorrow.

For those that are interested, they were Felpro 1022 / 1023 gaskets which are handed left and right.

Thanks again to all who offered assistance... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Back