Sydney Surgery / GT40s using scripts

Ron Earp

Admin
Re: GT40s using scripts?

Hi Folks,

as promised, some updates. Sydney is doing GREAT! The surgery was long but successful and no issues arose. Here are a couple of pics, before surgery, X Rays, and a good time in the ICU.

1069985_10201441689353885_1004487589_n.jpg

1044812_10201445452327957_830877226_n.jpg

1044502_10201449754555510_362159288_n.jpg

We'll be here until Friday but things are improving by the hour.

Second, the script issue. Harry looked into it and this is what he found:

------
Hey Ron,

I looked into the issue - three different IE versions on different Windows versions, and there is no error in there. A few explanations would be:

1. Some cached Javascript library in the user browser is corrupted. This should be fixable by flushing the cache

2. Some virus in the user browser is trying to inject a javascript in the page - very common for IE users that are not very tech savvy

3. Some other IE / OS combination I did not reproduce is triggering the issue

If we want to investigate this further we would need to know exact Internet Explorer version, operating system, AND a copy of the error.
------

So, those of you getting the error please clear your cache or check for a virus. I cleared my cache and the problem disappeared. I'd like for you to really try before we spend money trying to track down a problem.

Thanks,
Ron

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter

What an incredible scholiosis...and an equally incredible repair!

That will make an incredible quality of life improvement for her...Cheers to you, Ron!!!

Doug

Ron Earp

Admin

It will make a big difference. The 'before' picture is three months old and shows around a 42-44 degree curve. Her curve was over 55 degrees at the time of surgery. In fact, we have been monitoring her height for years and in the last six months she basically stopped growing as the growth went into curve progression. She was, honestly, about 2" taller today when she managed to stand up for a few seconds. PT is rough on her but she's improving hourly.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter

Thank God for talented surgeons!!!!

Great news Ron!!!!

Dave Lindemann

Lifetime Supporter

Ron -

All my best to you and Sydney - that is a lot for a young person (and her parents) to go through. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Dave L

Hi Ron, I hope Sydney recovers well, these problems can be a strain on the whole family, best wishes for a quick recovery.

On the Script error problem I noticed this problem about a month ago, I think I found the answer, the details are here

Internet Explorer 10 Script Error When Openned - Microsoft Community

And it mainly effects ie10 although earlier versions did have similar problems, the fix that worked for me was this part.

Method 3: Verify that Active Scripting, ActiveX, and Java are not being blocked by Internet Explorer

a) Start Internet Explorer.

b) On the Tools menu, click Internet Options. If you can't see the Tools menu, press Alt to display the menus.

c) In the Internet Options dialog box, click the Security tab.

d) Click Default Level.

e) Click OK.

Note ActiveX controls and Java programs are turned off in the High security level in Internet Explorer.

As an IT Guy I suspect Microsoft may have pushed out a patch to increase the security level, I don't remember changing the setting myself.
at least the annoying error, and slowed down browser are gone. yaaa!!!

Regards
Graeme

Hi Ron, I hope Sydney recovers well, these problems can be a strain on the whole family, best wishes for a quick recovery.

On the Script error problem I noticed this problem about a month ago, I think I found the answer, the details are here

Internet Explorer 10 Script Error When Openned - Microsoft Community

And it mainly effects ie10 although earlier versions did have similar problems, the fix that worked for me was this part.

Method 3: Verify that Active Scripting, ActiveX, and Java are not being blocked by Internet Explorer

a) Start Internet Explorer.

b) On the Tools menu, click Internet Options. If you can't see the Tools menu, press Alt to display the menus.

c) In the Internet Options dialog box, click the Security tab.

d) Click Default Level.

e) Click OK.

Note ActiveX controls and Java programs are turned off in the High security level in Internet Explorer.

As an IT Guy I suspect Microsoft may have pushed out a patch to increase the security level, I don't remember changing the setting myself.
at least the annoying error, and slowed down browser are gone. yaaa!!!

Regards
Graeme

- OR - Use Firefox, it's free and supports MAC and Windows.

Mozilla Firefox Web Browser

Best wishes for daughter Ron.

Chris

Here's to a speedy recovery for Sydney, she certainly looks like a happy, cheerful young lady. All the best.

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter

Ron,

We are so lucky to be alive today, when a skilled surgeon can make an incredably complicated repair like that!

I think Syndney's wonderful smile says it all!

Pat

Supporter

To echo Jim's comments, it is wonderful to see Sydney's joy and enthusiasm for what will no doubt be a much enriched life. I'm sure your support and love mean a great deal in her recovery.

As for the site, the scripting issues seem to be resolved.

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter

Good to see Sydney is recovering well Ron. The PT will be rough but I'm sure Sydney knows the harder she works the better her recovery will be. Best to her.

Ron Earp

Admin

Thanks all! Sydney is recovering well and she is measurement verified 2.5" taller than she was the day before the surgery with a very straight spine. Amazing. She's walking about, sleeping through the night, and performing her exercises as she should. She's keen to seem improvements in her dressage so she wants to get back out there riding as soon as she can.

Thanks Graeme for the IE fixes! I believe that will take care of the script error.

Ron

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Great news Ron!!!

Now to start buying some new clothes for that taller girl! :)

:greedy::lipsrsealed:

I'm glad you were able to fix the IE problem and I am really happy your daughter is doing better!!!

My expert prognosis is: seeing that post-op "canine therapy" is being properly applied, successful, rapid recovery is therefore assured! :2thumbsup:

1044502_10201449754555510_362159288_n.jpg
Les :)

Back