Sydney Surgery / GT40s using scripts

Hello Ron
from France we wish a quick and safe recovery to your kind Sydney and thanks for what you are doing every day for all of us members of this great forum!

Ron Earp

Admin
Thanks for asking, she's doing great. She's been walking about a mile per day and has been spending quite a bit of time autocrossing the golf cart in the cul-de-sac.

971002_10201632528724750_2036513693_n.jpg

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
Holy cow, Ron - I had no idea this was going on!!! 'Just stumbled onto this thread a few seconds ago. Praise God all is obviously going well! (I thought I was going to be reading about 'surgery' on an SLC, GT40 or ...?! in 'Sydney', Australia!)

I'm going to mention this just in case (fat chance!) Sydney's docs haven't. May I suggest she train herself to always stand with her weight evenly placed on both feet? 'Teenage girls always seen to stand on just one leg/foot or the other with the non weight-bearing leg slightly bent at the knee and ankle...and that side of the hip angled downward toward the ground. 'Know the 'pose' I'm describing?

'Reason I bring this up is because our eldest daughter developed "functional scoliosis" in her teens brought on BY standing that way...and only because of that. 'Took her some time to correct it with exercises...and on occasion I still catch her standing that way at age 40! :mad:

Anyway, doing the above ought to help 'the cause'...it 'darned sure couldn't do any harm. Ask her docs. (Edit: And yes, I know the rods darn sure ought to guarantee all this will happen automatically, but, still...)

Just my unsolicited $.02.

(Sydney ['love that name!] is an absolute DOLL, by-the-way!)

Last edited:

Ron Earp

Admin
Thanks for the wishes folks. Sydney is doing very well and has started back with horseback riding so she's more than thrilled. Thus far her checkups have been perfect and we've experienced no complications.

Honestly, I don't think it could have gone any better for her. She has exhibited a very positive attitude throughout the process and my wife and I feel that has been instrumental in her recovery. I'm proud of her for keeping her head up throughout and know she has met this challenge better than I could have.

Great news Ron! Thanks for keeping us informed of her progress. That girl must have a really superior attitude. All good.

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Good for her, back on the horse is great news. I rode competitive dressage for many years and a skiing accident put paid to that. The one thing I miss.
Please tell Sydney how I admire her courage and self belief. Onya girl go!

Back