The Buffett Rule

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
Anyone who disagrees with me is a tool!

;)

Agreed, absolutely, Mark!!

someone_is_wrong_on_the_internet1.jpg

Cheers, Doug!!

Last edited:
LOL Doug, that's brilliant.

Bob, you just can't help yourself can you! Endless quotes! ;) I still want to know what you think. Not so interested in you demonstrating what others think.

PJ O'Rourke? Isn't he Mickey O'Rourke's dad? That sad Actor chap?............................

Apparently he has some interesting quotes on quality face lift proceedures :lipsrsealed:

Attachments

• Rourke.jpg
    Rourke.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 106
‎"Liberalism is just Communism sold by the drink." P.J.O'Rourke.

The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness.

-- John Kenneth Galbraith

15 all

Therein lies the point Nick. When it comes right down to it, all people are selfish. It's just a matter of degrees and how it's packaged. It not a case of Liberals Vs. Conservatives or anyone else for that matter.

Unfortunately some folk believe BS more readily than others.

LOL Doug, that's brilliant.

Bob, you just can't help yourself can you! Endless quotes! ;) I still want to know what you think. Not so interested in you demonstrating what others think.

PJ O'Rourke? Isn't he Mickey O'Rourke's dad? That sad Actor chap?............................

Apparently he has some interesting quotes on quality face lift proceedures :lipsrsealed:

That's a laugh. In the beginning, I voiced my opinion on several subjects and was slammed for them being "partisan rhetoric of a conservative nature." I responded by posting a lot of information, especially in the "Druid" thread with factual information that debunked the climate change hoax.

Now I'm being criticized for endless quotes. Screw it. you're all not worth the time, and anything I post is directed at the numerous Conservatives here. The Liberals are hereby deemed lost souls with no hope for redemption :~)

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
That's a laugh. In the beginning, I voiced my opinion on several subjects and was slammed for them being "partisan rhetoric of a conservative nature." I responded by posting a lot of information, especially in the "Druid" thread with factual information that debunked the climate change hoax.

LB, what you apparently fail to realize is that the source of the information must always be scrutinized in evaluating it's veracity. A quote from an obviously biased source has little persuasive value.

Now I'm being criticized for endless quotes. Screw it. you're all not worth the time, and anything I post is directed at the numerous Conservatives here.

Gee, LB, where I come from that's called "...preaching to the choir". Not exactly the target audience if you are fencing with the unwashed masses known as liberals :idea: .

The Liberals are hereby deemed lost souls with no hope for redemption :~)

What about those of us who claim no particular alignment politically? Are we just forever doomed to wander through pergatory for our failure to choose sides re: the great chasm of political partisanship?

Cheers, Doug!! (BTW, I can agree with your "Cheerleaders on Bob" comment :thumbsup: )

Now I'm being criticized for endless quotes. Screw it. you're all not worth the time, and anything I post is directed at the numerous Conservatives here. The Liberals are hereby deemed lost souls with no hope for redemption :~)

Bob,

He is more than capable of defending himself, but if that was aimed at whom it appears to be I think you are wide of the Mark.

Some quotes from previous discusions which I believe show Mark is interested in discussion and debate and has expressed opinions which could be considered to be from both sides of the political spectrum.

It not a case of Liberals Vs. Conservatives or anyone else for that matter.

I consider myself to be 'common folk' and yet I cannot understand why it is reasonable to suggest that higher-earners should feel 'honoured' that they earn so much??

If any politician from any party thought that there were enough voters who worship satan to get him elected, they would all sell their souls to the chap with the pitch-fork and horns quicker than it took me to type this diatribe.

So I may be a lost "Liberal soul with no hope of redemption", in your opinion, but you cannot dismiss Mark in the same manor.

P.S. Don't give in so easily I am a mere Liberal and yet I still believe your conservative soul is not terminally lost and that even you the black sheep can be redeemed and be bought back from the dark side :)

Last edited:
Back