the Monsters...

ok..the nicer is the gt40, but..in your opinion..what are the ugliest cars ever seen on planet earth?

I think the pontiac aztek raises the top

Paolo

Attachments

• 2005.pontiac.aztek.jpeg
    2005.pontiac.aztek.jpeg
    40.1 KB · Views: 768
Last edited:
and i add also some italian masterpieces..the Arna and the Fiat Duna

Also i remember an ugly monster named as "shopper" or something similar..done in wood o_O and tape...but cannot find any picture of this masterpiece.

Paolo

Attachments

• duna.jpg
    duna.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 735
  • arnab.jpg
    arnab.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 724
Aftermarket Air

I wonder if the ground prong is there?

Attachments

• Rear Air.jpg
    Rear Air.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 832
Last edited:

Keith

Ugly is Beautiful is just plain Ugly

www.uglycars.co.uk

Read the descriptions even if you don't agree with any particular inclusions.

:D :D :D

There are bound to be some outraged forum members due to incursions onto hallowed turf, but funny anyway...rockonsmile

Frogeye Sprite for example. Some people still think it one of the most beautiful cars ever built. :confused:

Any GM product. Although, having NEVER been a Corvette fan, I do have to admit that the new Z06 is finally looking like a nice sports car. Plus, the performance is finally there where a sports car should be.

That Aztek is up there on my list too. But so is the Honda Ridgeline (and the strikingly similar looking american pickup - can't remember which one.) Oh - and that squat, out of proportion looking 2 door Mercedes that came out I think in the late 90's? And so is just about any "economy" car. I never could understand why economy cars always have to look so bland and stupid. It doesn't take an expensive, "creative" design person to come up with a halfway decent looking body style. Oh yeah - Lamborghinis. Always have, always will, except for maybe the first generation Countach without all the extra bumpy crap.

eheh Chris is right.
Girgetto giugiaro was asked even for this question (why cheap caars have always to be so ugly?) and the answer was really technical (inteview done at the end of 70s).
Usually nice cars are curved ones (and the gt40 shape is a masterpiece of curves..as well as almost all ferrari done by Pininfarina and his staff), but flat lines are usually cheaper in mass production.

This inteview was done a few later the presentation of the old fiat panda,so ugly in design(done by giugiaro) and anyway so successful (nearly a military vehicle..almost impossible to stop..a real GREAT ugly car).

today is different, but too often i think cheap cars have to do too many things together ( carry 5 people..have aircon, space for ladys shoppings).
And probably a ugly ordinary car is also much more hard to produce than an exotic one (according also to G.Murray ideas).

this was the ugly panda.
When i was in my military service i hitted a parked panda with an M-60A1 Tank and divided the car in 2 pieces....seems cutted by a knife.
a real satisfaction...

Attachments

• FIAT-PANDA-LAREPLIK.jpg
    FIAT-PANDA-LAREPLIK.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 677

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
I owned one of these Pandas - first car I had in the UK.

A bit rusty but was sold when I found the clonk that happened when going around corners was the chassis flexing and the passenger door hitting the top and bottom of the apperture.

Horror of horrors I saw it still on the road about 3 years later - by then only paint would be holding it together.

Ian

Paolo,

Grreat thread! You gave me the perfect excuse to post another picture of my personal fave, the Mclaren f1 replica....

Attachments

• 25-4-05 009.jpg
    25-4-05 009.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 707
muahahaha...yeah..that is really ugly (even considering it try to duplicate the shape of one of the nicest car ever seen..).
Maybe has the only excuse to be in the limbo of kitcars and think nobody seriously ever tried to sell this object.

Note anyway many many AMC cars are in our list...also the terrible "shopper" was I think from amc (done in wood and tape..LOL).

Re looking at the aztek i think anyway that it still raises my top (also cause not from 80's or 70's but i think from 2001).
Have u ever seen the aztek in the streets.Here i read very very few ones were sold due to this terrific ugly appeal.

Paolol:D

Back