Topless doors

Also I guess with this set-up its almost a must to take the roof eyebrows door catch items, otherwise when driving fast a lot cabin pressure pushes the door tops like with the normal doors, but now you need those eyebrows/catches a bit more.
But thats not much of a problem, I guess by using the standard doors its also advisable/better.

@Kelly, I know what you mean...I had the same problems :D but downloaded all pictures in fine order when using another method.
Which I already forgot whahah...aaaaaaa, but I guess it was this way, copy the whole page to your outlook like sending it, then in that stage you can get all unnecessary things out and then save the rest...and make a PDF from it (thats what I did) or take all pictures out without trouble.

I checked their website but its gone? the car is now sold...who bought it?

Last edited:
Still makes more sense to me to separate at the bottom of the window. Make it more of a Targa open car. Looks kinda silly I think with framed window doors.
Mike S

Still makes more sense to me to separate at the bottom of the window. Make it more of a Targa open car. Looks kinda silly I think with framed window doors.
Mike S

maybe something like this? I believe its a CAV

PA050031.jpg

mm6.jpg

its more a targa system

mm2.jpg

more info in this thread>>

http://www.gt40s.com/forum/gt40-tech-exterior-interior-ac-trim/31097-removeable-door-tops.html

Andy Sheldon

Tornado Sports Cars
GT40s Sponsor
The only problem with doing it like above is that when the doors are open and some body getting in leans on the top corner of the windscreen for support, there is a chance the front screen will be cracked.

We have a new open top version in development at the moment.

Thanks

Andy

Mike S

My original thought was to do two sets of doors. One set standard, one set that is only the bottom half of the door, no window, no pillars, no top. The cars are far from weather proof. I have the top of my targa leaning against the back of the garage 95% of the time. I figured in the summer I would run the "targa" doors and then put the windowed doors in for cooler weather or a track event. At this point I am just trying to get the car running, then I will see.

My original thought was to do two sets of doors. One set standard, one set that is only the bottom half of the door, no window, no pillars, no top. The cars are far from weather proof. I have the top of my targa leaning against the back of the garage 95% of the time. I figured in the summer I would run the "targa" doors and then put the windowed doors in for cooler weather or a track event. At this point I am just trying to get the car running, then I will see.

That's what I am currently considering and think it is a great idea. The only downside being the added cost. Given the tight confines in these cars and the heatsoak, I think a car without a roof or windows would be much more pleasurable to drive, especially in the summer. The central roof portion would remain in place so the standard doors could be refitted without issue.

Back