trackday machine..thoughts??

Malcolm

Supporter
Open wheeled cars are not normlally welcome at track days much nowadays. Lotus 51c now for sale as a result. Suggest you avoid open wheelers however Ariel Atoms are ok and Frans creation is similar in concept but less one seat. Why not call Melindi at Gold Track or Johnny at Book A Track and ask them. Send them a link to look at the car and see what they say.

Brian Hamilton

I'm on the verge of touching myself inappropriatel
You could always just make your SL-C the track car and look for another fun street car, Craig. LOL

Craig Gillingham

Banned because I can't follow the forum rules.
this sounds a good little car/concept......just thinking was on a trackday with mogs at cadwell a couple of weeks ago and somebody had converted a forumla jedi into a trackday car with wheel fenders so if that is eligable....sort of answered my own question

can see another visit being planned..........

for me the biggest downside with the radical is that it took 2 people to do anything....oil the chain..2people... from what i can see this car should be single manable (ish)

Brian Hamilton

I'm on the verge of touching myself inappropriatel
...for me the biggest downside with the radical is that it took 2 people to do anything....oil the chain..2people... from what i can see this car should be single manable (ish)

Don't see why it wouldn't be. Everything's pretty exposed. Did the Radical have a chain drive or a gear drive unit? I just posted this link to Fran on a Quaife gear drive unit for the Hyabusa engine in a vehicle...

Gear Drive units

Craig Gillingham

good old fashioned chain drive with rear sproket, lsd, ford running gear..wilwood 4pots with 13" wheels and Fr2.0 slicks and wets

Our Radical SR3 needs 2 people to remove and replace the front and rear body sections - which is necessary to get at anything internal - but everything else can be done single handed. The Radical is a race car and therefore maintenance intensive, but it is not complicated and everything is very accessable with body sections removed. It will be one of the fastest cars at a track day at a fraction of the cost of a Porsche GT3 etc.

The SR3 has a gear driven final drive, but I understand that chain drive is more efficient in terms of minimising power loss when compared with gears.

Chris

Craig Gillingham

the radicals are truley a great trackday / race weapon... extremely quick against any fast road car...different league and dangerous sometimes on trackdays with the speed differential..
found maintenance very easy and almost enjoyable....but 2 people required at a circuit....

Back