turn key prices on rcr's

Status
Not open for further replies.
BTW-Until I posted what I did, which was an actual effort to help Roger with his decision, everyone else here was content to tell him to just call Fran(who apparently isn't in the shop right now) and to give him a hard time about his spelling.

A lot of help you all were. At least now we have people throwing out some numbers.

I can tell you from some of the previous conversations I have had on this site that many simply want the SLC to be pricey for status' sake, not because it actual costs that much for a bare bones build. They don't want an SLC built for $50k because they want the car to have some air of high $$$ either for prestige issues or for resale, but I can tell you that the major competitor to the SLC can be built for under $50k. Yes it will be more work, and doesn't sound like the answer to your turnkey question, but options are out there.

So your build could be between $65k and $110k according to our best estimates and what you consider a "turnkey" car.

Hope that helps.

Crash,

I think you have brought up the crux of trying to nail down a "turnkey" pricing. Turnkey likely has a different meaning for individuals, eg., if you expect to hop in and "turn the key" one might be disappointed in what you would get from any of the aforementioned kit manufacturers. Some assembly will be required I'm sure. Some independent vendors will be offering "turnkey" or custom finished versions from these manufacturers in which you could indeed "turn the key" and take off! For example, Breathless Performance has thier SL-C ready to go (for $110K), Shane builds a very nice GTM, etc.

Now you're playing with semantics. If I'm Joe Blow who doesn't know anything, your statement leads one to believe anybody can go to said major competitor and get an ls3 for 5k. So while you're right, you didn't say that directly, it was implied (atleast imho) because you left off a key detail.

You obviously missed the fact that the post was directed towards Mr. Smith. He is basically the Fran of FFR and knows EXACTLY what I am talking about. It was not directed at "Joe Blow" in any way other than to try and get Mr. Smith to offer a package deal of some sort at a specific price that may help Joe Blow make a decision.

Why is it that there always seem to be people over here on this forum that want to piss and moan about things like people's spelling and get into pissing contests about "semantics"? This almost NEVER happens over at the FFCobra forum. Maybe it has to do with, generally, the type of person interested in the RCR cars? Very interesting and one of the reasons I moved away from the SLC and RCR products. The attitudes on this site!

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
At risk of just spouting off here, Crash33's estimate seems a bit on the low side as he mentioned. Just speculation, but a turnkey product with paint, aircon, etc. should come in around 90-110K plus other options. Model specific as some will be higher. I know I wouldn't build for someone at less than that. Not that I even desire to (qualifier).

I could be wrong, but these estimates seem a bit high. I got my new SPF mk1 in November with a Roush 432 (450 hp), an RBT ZF, leather, two Gurneys', installation and California tax for $110,000.

I could be wrong, but these estimates seem a bit high. I got my new SPF mk1 in November with a Roush 432 (450 hp), an RBT ZF, leather, two Gurneys', installation and California tax for $110,000.

When I do my build I am thinking of going with a Roush or Keith Craft motor. I am leaning toward Roush because they are 5 minutes from my house. At 450hp are you getting the performance that you had hoped for or when the times comes should I bump it up. Thanks for you input

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
I am very happy with the performance, but I know this is all subjective. I wanted to go with the small block motor with the Holley 4 brl and a ZF as the originals were built.

As I'm only going to drive it on the street (99.9%) I felt going with the most original chassis, motor and trans was the way to go.

The small block Roush puts out more power than I will ever need, it is lighter, quieter, cooler and smaller (does not block rear vision) than the other options.

Doc Kaler's Law of Forum Thread Entropy......

"Why is it that there always seem to be people over here on this forum that want to piss and moan about things like people's spelling and get into pissing contests about "semantics"? This almost NEVER happens over at the FFCobra forum. Maybe it has to do with, generally, the type of person interested in the RCR cars? Very interesting and one of the reasons I moved away from the SLC and RCR products. The attitudes on this site!"

Just pulling your chain Crash, but it further validates my Law of Physics.

"Why is it that there always seem to be people over here on this forum that want to piss and moan about things like people's spelling and get into pissing contests about "semantics"? This almost NEVER happens over at the FFCobra forum. Maybe it has to do with, generally, the type of person interested in the RCR cars? Very interesting and one of the reasons I moved away from the SLC and RCR products. The attitudes on this site!"

Very important question: I can't remember now - is the proper form people's or peoples'? :huh:

No problem.:) I actually think you are right. And were right the last time we had this conversation as well. I just can't figure out how to break the THEORY. I mean after all, there ARE other sites that do not have threads regularly devolve into these types of lowest denominator conversations.

We also need to have editing back (RON) so that simple mistakes can be fixed instead of used for Doc Kaler's Law of Forum Thread Entropy triggering events.:)

Very important question: I can't remember now - is the proper form people's or peoples'? :huh:

And there you go.

So let's just take it one step lower.

You really are nothing more than a A-Hole Troll, with little or nothing to add of value to conversations, aren't you EFNFAST?

And there you go.

So let's just take it one step lower.

You really are nothing more than a A-Hole Troll, with little or nothing to add of value to conversations, aren't you EFNFAST?

My feelings are hurting :(

It's nice that you match a humorous post with one filled with evil intent :thumbsup:

Question has been asked

Opinions cast in Frans absence

Thread has moved off-topic :sad:

Thread now closed - Fran can sort/tidy/moderate as he deems fit upon return from his vacation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back