UK Election: A new twist on the Ant & the Grasshopper...

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
I've never eaten a Subway so I don't give a rats either. What offends me is Subway pandering to the Muslim's and Sharia.

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
I've never eaten a Subway so I don't give a rats either. What offends me is Subway pandering to the Muslim's and Sharia.

Subway is just another sandwich shop...you go in, get in line, and when you get to the end of the line they hand you your sandwich. Jim is right when he says:

I have to tell you, I'm Jewish, and I don't give a fuck if Subway serves pork in their stores.

That's why I can't figure out why the Muslims are so up in arms about them serving pork...UNLESS, as I said before, there is some sort of prohibition about pork and whatever may have touched it like the Kosher contact requirements in the Jewish faith.

I agree...too many people wanting to bend over for the Muslims...and not enough politicians wanting to bend over to help their own constituents.

I've watched it happen, though, in a suburb of Houston (not the Muslim thing, but similar). The "town" of Alief, TX started to attract a number of oriental immigrants and soon the town was so heavily populated with orientals that they have taken over the electorial system...have gotten the city commissioners on the board to reflect the cultural majority and so now things like street signs are springing up in some sort of oriental script. How much longer will it be before the city commissioners ban pork products within the city boundaries? And....get this.....it would be all legal if it were an issue that would have gained support from the majority of the voters.

Population densities are a big thing in education right now, which is attempting to assimilate all cultures/minorities. You can't govern where individuals of any one culture live and that's what happens...there are schools where I worked before that were 97% African-American, now there are so many hispanics in those neighborhoods that the schools are all "Bilingual" schools with programs to teach those who cannot learn in English how to listen to and speak English well enough to get along in our educational system. It could happen with the Muslim populations, too.

Things sure are different now than when our Constitution was drafted by those "Founding Fathers", don't you think?????

Cheers!

Doug

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
This "pork issue" (and 'caving in' to all other Muslim demands) is the sort of thing that results when a society worships at the altar of "P.C." 24/7/365...one of the basic tenants of which is to avoid "OFFENDING" anyone, anytime, in any way...'always bowing to any-and-all minority/immigrant dictums at the expense of everyone else - even at the expense of national security.

It's a D-I-S-G-U-S-T-I-N-G practice. It's gutless, it's spineless, it's cowardly, and it will result in the destruction of any country that surrenders to it.

'Going for my meds now...

Keith

You don't know that for sure Larry. It's possible but it's also possible they took this stance for commercial reasons.

The company haven't said yet and I think there's more of this story to run. How about in the United States? Can you still get porked in a Subway?

Oooooer...:stunned:

Doug S.

Lifetime Supporter
How about in the United States? Can you still get porked in a Subway?

Oooooer...:stunned:

Well, not sure about getting "porked" (LOL!!!), but one of Subway's best sellers is an "Apple-wood Smoked Pulled Pork" sandwich...so popular, in fact, that in the past Subway had to temporarily stop selling it because the supply of pork was exhausted. It is not a permanent item on their menu, but when it does re-appear from time to time it's always a big seller.

Cheers!

Doug

Keith

Well, not sure about getting "porked" (LOL!!!), but one of Subway's best sellers is an "Apple-wood Smoked Pulled Pork" sandwich...so popular, in fact, that in the past Subway had to temporarily stop selling it because the supply of pork was exhausted. It is not a permanent item on their menu, but when it does re-appear from time to time it's always a big seller.

Cheers!

Doug

And you know this how, Doug? :stunned:

Doug S.

Lifetime Supporter
And you know this how, Doug? :stunned:

It's my favorite of the Subway offerings, so I watch for it whenever I am in a Subway (and also on TV, where Subway really promotes the Apple-wood smoked pulled pork sandwich).

As for the getting "porked"....well, it's never happened to me, but that isn't to say it hasn't happened to others :stunned:

Cheers!

Doug

Looks like the grasshoppers couldn't be bothered to find their way to the polling booths either! Good thing too! :thumbsup:

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Yes, it appears there is a lot to be said for non compulsory voting, the grasshoppers to bloody lazy to get to the polling booth.

Charlie Farley

Supporter
No Pete,
They use an insecticide spray outside the Polling Station
& tell them " anti ebola measures ", works every time...
:laugh:

Back