Ultima GTR vis GT40 Replica

I would like you to crew my team. I don't have one yet, but if I ever do...I like your strategy. Could we go ahead an line up the girls though?

drag racing, i don't think i would be trying to speed shift a ZF though all that linkage. Shift points not that positive.
sounds like a receipe for missing a shift and blowing an engine.

LLoyd

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
drag racing, i don't think i would be trying to speed shift a ZF though all that linkage. Shift points not that positive.
sounds like a receipe for missing a shift and blowing an engine.

LLoyd

If the shift linkage / cable system is like the one I have for my G50, the Porsche transaxle isn't going to shift much (if any) better...
I don't think I'll be drag racing mine... :stunned:

This thread has been very quiet since Ultima got their car around the BBC Top Gear test track faster than the Ferrari FXX driven by a certain M. Schumacher. I think GT40 rep will struggle.

See the videos:

YouTube - Ultima GTR beats Schumacher's Ferrari FXX Top Gear lap time 1min9.9secs

and

YouTube - Top gear Michael Schumacher Ferrari FXX Around The Track

If you are doubtful of the identity of Top Gear's test driver the Stig, take a look at this clip YouTube - The Stig Revealed: Behind the Scenes

Arnie, this thread was quiet a long time before that lap time came out. That GTR is sure fast but has not won Le Mans... o wait, neither has a replica GT40... hmmm.. well then really who cares; buy what you want.

....and neither did a P4 which is the prettiest of all.

I think the point is that the achievement of the GTR over the Cobbler piloted FXX is simply stunning.

The GTR was allegedly on road tyres, whereas the FXX was on slicks too.

I like the Ultima, but thats only because my P4 rep is on an Ultima spaceframe chassis.

Back