Ultimate Weber carb air filter setup

Hi guys,

Poached from another post I made today....

Here are the ultimate air filters for 48IDA-type Webers:

Weber Air Filters

This guy has been supplying all the Pantera shops for years.

Cost is $375 each, I think that includes the K&N filter (so you will need two of them).

Here's a photo of this setup on a Chevy intake:

DSC00146.png

Normally, Panteras use a taller air filter for better flow. (And because of course they're faster than any damn Chevy!) :laugh:

Can anyone explain the difference between IDF and IDA Weber Carbs?! And possibly recommend anywhere to get some at a good price?

Thanks.

Hi Mike

I have a pair for IDA's without the Chevy logo for sale $400 the pair

Regards

Chris.

Hi guys
for those that wanted to see the photos.

Weber carb air filter for IDA weber $400 plus $40 shipping.
Polished billet aluminium.

Regards

Chris.

Attachments

• weberfilter.JPG
    weberfilter.JPG
    23.5 KB · Views: 905
  • weberfilter2.JPG
    weberfilter2.JPG
    24.4 KB · Views: 854
  • weberfilter3.JPG
    weberfilter3.JPG
    29.3 KB · Views: 1,121
What about the auxillary venturis when air filters of this height ar used? They would seem to be very close to the roof of the top cover??

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Rick - You would need to consider the Engine /transaxle configuration and how it sits in the car. My car is a GTD 40 look-a-like and when I had the Renault UN1 it really was very close to the rear clip's window and would have probably reduced air to the rear webers at any high rpm. I had the original velocity stacks gradually reduced in height front to rear to overcome the problem and got the webers retuned to each different height.
Now the car is being reconfigured with the ZF 5DS25-2 transaxle and the engine has been lowered considerably and moved forward a small amount hence I could return to normal height velocity stacks and they came courtesy of one of our star members Mike Trusty. (Mike I owe you ).
[ All of this sounds as though I drive this car - which I dont !] When the weather is nice I actually prefer two wheels and my next ambition is the Ducati Superbike 1198 Corse
Special Edition.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqfFrCUrEbY

Back