UN1 questions.

Hi guys I have a Chevy v8 powered 914 porsche. I have been on a quest to find a better transaxle for a decent price for quite sometime now. I have blown up three 901's. To get a 930 with the ring gear flipped and the shift linkage would cost me in somewhere in the ballpark of 10k.

Now I have searched the net and this website for info and I still have questions.

1. Eagle medallion is a Renault 21 in Europe. Does this car have a UN1?

2. If it doesn't have a UN1 in it, whatever it has in it, would it still be stronger then a 901 porsche?

3. Would the chevy bell housing I have read about for the UN1 fit the transaxle in the medallion?

3. I live about 3 miles from the Deloran factory. They have brand new transaxles for sale for $2900, but from what I understand I would have to flip the ring gear in it to use it in my mid engine 914... Am I right?

Thanks in advance for any info you guys can give me.

Zach

ok I found out that the medallion is a no go NG-trans axle... no good.

ok so how hard is it to flip the ring gear in the 369 deloran?

Mike Pass

Supporter
How much torque do you want to put through the box? The Renault UN1 (usually from Renault 21 Turbo - strongest/best ratios) will take quite a lot as standard but it can be upgraded to take some serious grunt.
The Porsche turbo boxes are very strong. Ultima use them with strong Chevy engines in their GTR sportscar and sell a version with over 700hp (soon to be 800hp!) which is the current 0 - 100 - 0mph challenge record holder ( video on U Tube). Bellhousings are available as well for chevy.
The new ZFQ will take 600hp/500+ torque but will be around £6,500. Also do Chevy bellhousings.
Once you know what power/torque you want you can decide what will do the job and then raid the bank account.
Cheers
Mike

Back