Valuable victory for the environmentalists

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
I thought you were talking about current stats, too, Larry. As with most laws, public approval waxes and wanes as things develop. I recall all the predictions of gloom and doom when PL 94-142 (Special Education) was enacted, but it has not only survived but flourished, despite the well intentioned screw ups of the GEE-Dub administration with No Child Left Behind.

The pendulums swing...stats change over time, as the comparison between your stats as the ACA was being debated and Jim's current stats proves. That's life...we'll survive the changing political landscape...not sure we as a species can survive the changing geographical and meteorological landscape if we don't pay attention to the writing on the wall.

Cheers!

Doug

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Oh, good grief, Jim. CLEARLY I was referring to the stats back when Obamacare was about to be voted on.

Oh, I see, "CLEARLY" you weren't talking about now, you were talking about back before the Affordable Health Care was passed.

You meant it was back then, before Obamacare that 70%+ were "DEAD SET AGAINST IT"

Larry, it was not true back then either.

This is From the NEW YORK TIMES

Majority Back Health Care for All

Poll Shows Majority Back Health Care for All

Published: March 1, 2007

A majority of Americans say the federal government should guarantee health insurance to every American, especially children, and are willing to pay higher taxes to do it, according to the latest New York Times/CBS News Poll.

While the war in Iraq remains the overarching issue in the 2008 campaign, access to affordable health care is at the top of the public’s domestic agenda, ranked as far more important than immigration, cutting taxes or promoting traditional values.

SHOULD GOVERNMENT GUARANTEE HEALTH INSURANCE FOR ALL?

Yes
blue.gif
64%
No
blue.gif
27%

That was before six years of non-stop anti-health care propaganda, even after all those lies the numbers have remained fairly stable and no where near 70%+

This chart is kind of small, click on it for a larger size.

Larry, perhaps you should try again, when were 70%+ of Americans dead set against a National Health Care System?

Where did you get that number: 70%+?

Last edited:

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
(sigh) Mr. Craik:

Here's a report dated 4/24/2012 from a source you might not find fault with because it's not from FOX (but, I'll believe that when I see it...undoubtedly you'll find SOMETHING that you'll claim is bogus about it no matter what the source):

Wake up America: 70% Still Oppose Obamacare's Individual Mandate

There are many others. Look 'em up for yourself.

I remember one report from back then that put the number 'against' at around 73%...but, I wasn't going to spend all night looking for it.

I'm done debating the point.

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Larry, of course you are done debating, you bring Health care up in a discussion about the environment, make untrue statements, then when this is pointed out, you quit the debate.....

Larry did you read the article you just posted?

Larry, does it say that 70%+ are "DEAD SET AGAINST Obamacare?

No larry it does not!!!

This is what it says:

"The increased public attention to the Affordable Care Act generated by the Supreme Court’s consideration of the law did not meaningfully change the public’s opinion of the law overall or of the specific provision at the heart of critics’ legal case against it, the requirement that nearly everyone obtain health insurance.

****Forty-two percent say they have a favorable opinion of the law this month and 43 percent have an unfavorable one, a division virtually unchanged from March****

Similarly, the individual mandate is as unpopular as it was in March, but not more so. Seven in ten Americans oppose this provision, including 53 percent of the public who say they hold “very unfavorable” views of it.

So 53% of the people hold a "very unfavorable" view of the individual mandate......

Larry is that the same as saying 70%+ are ""DEAD SET AGAINST Obamacare"?

When YOUR article says this: ****Forty-two percent say they have a favorable opinion of the law this month and 43 percent have an unfavorable one, a division virtually unchanged from March****

It that the same as saying 70%+ are "DEAD SET AGAINST" Obamacare?

Last edited:

marc

Lifetime Supporter
F this. the thread has been highjacked from EPA to health care. create a new thread.
As those that are b'ing about coal fired plants, yall need take a deep clean breath of air. Then go to china and compare. Any questions?
I have been there and it is worse than Los Angles on its absolute worst day.

Built a scrubber for a asphalt plant that operated within the Winnipeg city limits. I have also worked on steam generating stations that were fired with NG as well as coal. The scrubber would be an insignificant part of the total cost. Much like anything else the reason it hasn't been done yet is the fact that they haven't had to. Save a penny for yourself and let the next generation deal with it.

Back