Vendor Support Question

Ron Earp

Admin
On another note I think that people should be able to advertise in there signiture eg If you have 4 Halibrand rims left over from a build you should be able put that in your signiture or if you want an item like a set of Quad Webers you should also be able to have that in your signiture, WTD Quad Webers??. I see most peoples signiture and think that a lot items sitting in peoples sheds could change hands. You're reading a post about Garages
and suddenly you see someone has got a set of wheels you might be looking for? Any ways not trying to make waves just an idea.

Those folks can easily post advertisements, with picture, for free in the "For Sale" area. People that are looking for an item should know to look in the "For Sale" forum. Naturally I don't mind if people put single parts items for sale in their signature, but they should not be advertising businesses, serial parts, cars, and so forth. But, there is a forum for it.

Ron

RichardH

AKA The Mad Hat Man
Sorry Ron if I have been creating a few waves - but I didnt understand exactly what was meant and was just asking for some explanation. It seems to have opened up a whole new area of conversation.

Ron Earp

Admin
I don’t think it has been a problem for the forum. Folks probably have a better understanding of how things work and so forth. <o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
The vendors that advertise on the forum all have the same privileges. VIP Classics has advertised their CAV cars here for a long time but Roy rarely posts. VIP is actually the entity that sponsors the CAV forum as well. RCR has advertised and sponsored their own forum and Fran posts a lot in that area. Tornado is a long-time sponsor and Andy and Scott are active at a level somewhat between VIP and RCR. <o:p></o:p>
The point is that the vendors all have equal access to the forum and can interact with the members here in a way that suits them. Thus far I’ve not seen anything that I would constitute as abuse of the forum or abuse of vendor status. <o:p></o:p>
The forum as a whole certainly changes over time and those changes are reflected in posts and the activities of members. In the beginning (2001/2002) I’d say most of the threads on the forum dealt with GTD/KVA cars. Over time the threads started to include other cars such as ERA, Tornado, GT40 Australia, GT40 NZ etc. Then there was a period where a large percentage of the threads dealt with CAV and RF cars. Now there are a lot of threads about SPF and RCR cars. <o:p></o:p>
What is next? <o:p></o:p>
I don’t know, but the forum will be here and you can bet there will still be activity with ALL the GT40s we’ve seen on the forum thus far as well as makes we’ve not seen yet. So get out there. Work on your GT40, drive your GT40, race your GT40, or wax your GT40 – but above all write about it and take some pictures and post them for Pete’s sake!:) <o:p></o:p>

Back