Ventilation

Mr. Fender, I am in the process of changing condensers to find out! After driving mine on a 100+ degree day, with over 85% humidity last August, though, I'm convinced that there can never be too much ventilation in a GT40! ;-)

Bill, I will try to get out there and take a picture, but they look almost exactly like the ones installed in Roy Smart's car, pictured above. My car has a rivet affixing the latch assembly to the small rectangular flip-out window. I measured from the rear edge of that rivet to a spot 3 1/2" towards the front of the car to mark my horizontal point, then measured 4 1/8" down from the top edge of the flip out window (based on a total heighth of the window of 8 1/4"). Where those two marks intersected, I drilled my pilot hole.

I used the 3 1/4" snap vents, as it seemed to me that the 2" version might be too small to accomplish much. I drilled slowly with an electric drill as suggested above and, other than a second or two of gritted teeth while squeezing the snap vents into the holes, it was a totally painless process.

Bob,

No need for photos if they are in the same location as Roy's.
Into the vent windows they shall go.
Thanks for the measurements!

Bill

Bill,

Here is another location,,If you like the air to hit you in the face. Putting it in the vent door is probably "cleaner" choice.

Attachments

• 30330-PIC00009.JPG
    30330-PIC00009.JPG
    90.8 KB · Views: 298
I don't know, but it sure is true. That is one beautiful car. Those steamroller wheels and tires don't hurt, either--

Why THANK YOU Gents,,, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif You have made my day. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Back