Vintage Sponsor Decals & Striping for GT40

Hi Don - see the Scuderia F badge and let me know if this was what you were looking for.

Chris - I've got lots of personal experience I can share with you regarding the Essex theme - been there, done that so see attached for a guide. The nostril inserts in Black are pretty hard to decal due to the shape. I painted all of the graphics for my MDA Essex theme and used the paint mask for most of the job, it works well and saves a lot of tape time.

I have all of the dimensions for that scheme should you need them, let me know.

Thanks!

Chris

Attachments

• Scuderia_01.jpg
    Scuderia_01.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 767
  • Essex_01.jpg
    Essex_01.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 787
Just a heads-up to let you guys know that I have the Gulf type decals up on the Raceline site and the rest will be up before the end of the weekend. Again, these are not your typical peel & stick type but a premium decal that will last and look great for a very long time.

I cut a trial decal and it looks really good, passes my critical eye anyway. I will let you know when the next batch go up.

Surf's up - enjoy!

Chris
RACELINE DIGITAL Boat Graphics and Boat Lettering - Your Graphics SUPERCHARGER

Sandy

Gulf GT40
Lifetime Supporter
Yep, easy to order, got a few ordered, and may have to scrap the current set that I have as I'm guessing these are nicer. Look forward to the goodies!

Thanks Chris!

Sandy

There's more on the way guys and I'm sure you'll be very happy with the quality of these decals.

The rest go live by Monday.

Many thanks!

Chris

ChrisMartino said:
There's more on the way guys and I'm sure you'll be very happy with the quality of these decals.

The rest go live by Monday.

Many thanks!

Chris

As promised, I've got all but the centre stripes and Mk II / IV side stripes left to upload, they will be ready tomorrow. If anyone has placed an order and wants more, I can save you the trouble of having to place another by emailing me with what you want and I will modify your existing order.

Just a heads-up.

Chris

Ron McCall

Supporter
Chris,
Have you loaded the center stripes yet? I am very interested. The sill stripes I bought from you were perfect!!

Hi Ron,

I've been beat up with a brutal cold this week so I will have the rest of the centre and side stripes up this weekend for sure.

The response has been overwhelming as I have GT40, Cobra and other vintage car owners snapping these up - I guess people have been looking for this type of product for a while now.

I'll add more as I go and will give you a heads-up over the weekend to when the stripes are uploaded.

Thanks for your patience-

Chris

Hi Ron,

The centre stripes are up, they are all based on what I have found on the original cars, I can do others, just let me know.

Last post for these so I hope it's remembered for others down the line. Thanks for the kind words, it's been fun designing these!

Enjoy-

Chris

Chris,
do you make the SEV Marchal decal in the straight format also?
I have Fran Kress's tail here in my shop for repair and I have to remove those nice decals to fix the body. The decals are straight though. If I get them off without damaging them, would you need them to replicate them?

Hi Bill,

Take a picture of the existing decals and email it to me so I can see what you're after. I can do basically anything so just let me know. Are you referring to the long wheel arch badge?

Chris

What should I do in vinyl and what should I paint? How thick is the material? I was thinking about painting the rondials and stripes and using the stickers on the rest. My concern is that I would like my red car striped with white with a black border. I don't know how my painter is going to paint the black 3/16 pinstripe? He is a talented painter as far as smooth and shiny but I don't know about the stripes. Chris, do you have any suggestions? Maybe you could provide the 3m masking for my stripes and stickers for the rest? How long should the paint cure before I apply the stickers?

Thanks a lot, you are a true artist!

Here is what I am going for!

1033 Red_GT40.jpg

Hi Dean,

The decals are pretty straight forward to install. My suggestion for the number roundels is this: if you want them on there for good then I could definitely supply you with digital paint mask (as done on my Essex car) but should you want to remove the roundels and numbers then our hi-performance film will work for many, many years - up to you!

Let me know what you are after and I will assist you the best I can - many have been sold so far with happy results (you Cobra guys also!).

Cheers!

P.S. My condolences to Rex and Chicago...

Chris

Last edited:

Dimi Terleckyj

Lifetime Supporter
A great big thanks to Chris for the very professional way my order for sill stripes was handled and delivered.
I wish all my professional dealings and trades could be as easy as this one was.
A genuine pleasure to do business with you.
Thanks
Dimi

Howard Jones

Supporter
If the white vinyl roundels are put onto the car, can black numbers be changed from time to time and not dammage the roundel?

Can you make a roundel centered in the middle of a sill stripe set like pictured below? I was thinking about a plain un-numbered version and adding numbers as needed.

Attachments

• gt40#2 side shot.bmp
    66.9 KB · Views: 409
Back