Vintage Wheels 17 inch BRM delay

Russ Noble

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Well guys, sorry to go offtopic here but I was just reflecting a couple of weeks ago about how much better the forum was without distractions like OLIVER! Despite supporting him occasionally.

However, as this guy is president of the Oliver fan club I feel it would be in order for him to apologise on behalf of OLIVER for the comments made about Hershal Byrd. Comments which in the fullness of time and after a thorough investigation have proven to be totally unfounded and in fact could not have been further from the truth.

Then ban him, because I see this thread already becoming full of crap. We don't need it. Please Ron!

For my part I would like to publicly apologise to Hershal for my qualified endorsement of OLIVERS comments. Sorry Hershal.

Regards

Last edited:

Sir REVILO

CURRENTLY BANNED
Oliver told me that he wishes love and peace to all. Let s get back to topic.

So fran how much longer for the rims?...I want to order a set.

John,
call Vintage wheels on 619-952-4717 as they are the importer....

I have ten sets being airfreighted from SA at the moment for RCR owners.

Unfortunately RCR wheels have a different offset than RF so they probably wont fit...sorry

Sir REVILO

CURRENTLY BANNED
Thats what they said about the ZF in a RF. :rolleyes: I give them a ring.

Fran..YOUUUUURRRRR The BEEEESSSSST..and...I LOVE YOU..O there I said it..I Really Really really Do. AND...I want your Baby:)

REVILO

Last edited:

Sir REVILO

CURRENTLY BANNED
Who's RF you ask ? = R eal F ast R acecar :)

Yur mate

Attachments

• 10720j4x5cox947.gif
    10720j4x5cox947.gif
    1.4 KB · Views: 628
Last edited:

Pete K.

GT40s Supporter
A few folks, Hershal, and I got into a discussion about wheels and GT40s while we were at this year's R&G. I think everyone agreed that a Cobra just has to have 15" wheels to look "right" - but on a GT40, 17" wheels still look "right."

Given the availability of high performance (street) tires for 17" wheels, I know which way I'll be going for my GT40 and after seeing the pictures, I know which 17" wheels I'm going to use!

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
Re: Sir Revilo

kev_the_mole said:
I think he spells too well to be Oliver! :):):)
A bit of thread drift, here:

I suspect Oliver could have spelled better had he cared to dedicate the time to excellence. I checked out this guy's public profile--he has an image that's the same as one Oliver used and he refuses to divulge any bio information, so I suspect that just like the poltergeists, "....he's baaaack".

He goes on my ignore list until I see evidence to the contrary. Until then, I agree with Russ Noble--we don't need the noise.

Dugly

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
Good move, Mark!

I already did that and I got a pleasant surprise--all those posts that were made by our "Oliver suspect" no longer appear at all when I view this thread (or any other thread)--they are all gone, every one! This is the first time I've put anyone on my ignore list and this is a neat function that others ought to know about--you won't even have to see his posts, which makes it much easier for him to be ignored.

In my dream world, it would also prevent him from sending me PM's. If it really is Oliver, I was the subject of one of his abusive PM's in the past and I care not to hear from him again.

My apologies to our honorable Fran for drifting so far from the original thread--I remember "Oliver" berating Fran in the past on the forum and hopefully by interfering with this thread just a wee bit we can prevent a recurrence and get back to the topics that are GT40 related.

Doug

Forgive me for continuing to stray on this thread....

Ian - check that post again, obvious Oliver-esque typos:

statments
revilation
there instead of their

Fran - actual GT question - do you have any sort of "builders manual" for the RCR GT that I could buy? Now that I'm over my anger from the rf boondoggle, I'm thinking about buying again. I'm only thinking ERA and RCR at this point - sorry everyone else, but it's US only for me this time strictly from a logistics standpoint. I love the build threads from the RCR guys but they aren't telling me much in the way of what skills I really need. I was originally thinking turnkey-minus like the Superformance or CAV, but having a project to wrench on could be fun in it's own right.

Regards,
Mitch D

PS - I think RF means: Robert's F***ed, or maybe Robert's Folly, or maybe Rat Fink (for you guys from the '60's), Rude F***ing, etc

Hi all -

Two weeks ago - 'Revilo' joined the forum and I contacted him as to his true identity. He confirmed that he is the 'Oliver' that was previously banned due to unacceptable forum behaviour and wondered how long it would be before Ron banned him again. I pointed out to him that Ron was unlikely to do so unless he gave him reason to do so.

I'm with Ron when it comes to censorship, but in the interest of 'keeping it sensible' - I have banned 'Revilo' for a period of 7-days as a cooling off period. The manner in which he chose to post, together with insulting remarks regarding RCR are not acceptable in any form and I'm sure we all wish to keep the quality of posts as high as they usually are. I should point out that Revilo chose to edit those same remarks later, which somewhat softened them, but also confused this posting..

Should Ron wish to ban him permanently then fine, but in his absence I hope you will agree this is the most sensible solution to all.

Paul....

To ALL,

thanks for your posts.....Our GT40'S.com forum is a great place to hang out...I did for a long time before becoming a manufacturer and have made many close frends through it.....lets keep it one of the best communities on the net.!!!!!

Mitch,
glad to hear you are feeling a little more GT40 friendly...

We do have an online build manual that has proven to be helpful.

I would like you to call me so we can discuss some points that may be helpful to you.

My phone number is on the website.....

cheers

Last edited:
Back