Vintage Wheels 17 inch BRM delay

Chris Kouba

Supporter
Fran,

Can I get the build manual link too?

Sent you another message earlier to your yahoo address as well, let me know if you got it.

CK

Fran,

Ifit wouldn't be too much touble I would apreciate a look. I need something to dream about for the next year while I save :) By the way are you planning on having a completed "shop" car for people to check out/audition when they visit?

Thanks

Tim

gt40fran said:
Tim,

we are putting together another GT40 as a shop car and also a 3B for me to tool around in.

Great to hear. I am hoping to make a pilgrimage in toward the beginning of summer

Received this from the wheel manufacturer this morning.......seems our pals actions are haunting me too now.......and RCR wheels are not even the same backspacing....HHHHMMMM!!!!!
What upsets me the most is that I was informed the wheels were already airfreighted....damn.....

Hi
It is still a bit difficult to commit to a shipping date.
Please believe me I am pushing as hard as I can for this month.

I do have one small problem.
You ordered 20 off 17 x 9.5 114.3/120.65.
I have got 24 roaring forties castings that I would like to use seeing that
I can not load a die for 20 wheels only.
The problem is that I can not do multi pcd's on them so can I do 10 in 114.3 and
the other 10 in 120.65.

Regards
Andre van Niekerk

As an FYI....

15" BRM ..................IN STOCK.....
15" HALIBRANDS....... IN STOCK.....
17" HALIBRANDS .......IN STOCK.....

So there are still plenty of choices with no waiting....

Alex Hirsbrunner

Lifetime Supporter
Hi Fran,

The manufacturer's comments left me wondering:

Will the 17" BRMs have the same width and offset as the 17" Halibrands?

Will the 17" BRMs have both Ford & Chevy PCDs? (Not too important since I assume our RCRs use the same pattern front and back)

I appreciate the candid update.

Regards,

Al

Andre van Niekerk said:
"I have got 24 roaring forties castings..."
Don't get me started! :)

Al,

the wheels will have the same backspacing/width as I use on the 15" wheel packages, the dual drilling is just a failsafe from the factory....

No issues from the RCR side.....other than supply and demand..

Candid??...I am just trying to offer full disclosure and maintain RCR's integrity as we are all only as good as our word..even today in our suspicious and tainted society....its the most important quality anyone can have...IMHO.

Last edited:

Ron Earp

Admin
Tell you what, you get some 15" Halibrands and I'll send you my 15" BRMs. Been thinking I should have gotten Halibrands anyhow as I've always liked them and the Vintage/RCR Halibrands are really nice. You don't need that 17" bling anyhow and I'll bet you a benjamin you'll be just as fast on track.

R

Alex Hirsbrunner

Lifetime Supporter
Ron,

I'm glad that it looks like the RF castings are a no-go. I'd hate the thought of buying the same wheels twice :)

Fran,

That's why I bought the RCR (that and the English accent :)):

Candid:

1. Free from prejudice; impartial
2. Characterized by openness and sincerity of expression; unreservedly straightforward
3. Not posed or rehearsed

Al

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
gt40fran said:
I guess candid covers my thoughts...wink

...and "honorable" covers your actions, Fran!

Cheers!

Doug

Back