Wanted Porsche clutch/ starter parts

I am mating a Porsche G50/52 from 1991 Porsche Turbo to a fairly powerful 351W in a DRB.
I currently intend to use the adaptor plate and modified flywheel to be supplied by DRB.
The usual arrangement is to then use the clutch plate, pressure plate, ring gear (a separate item, not attached to the flywheel on the Porsches) and release bearing (throw out bearing) from a 1989 Porsche Turbo, along with machining or grinding out of the bellhousing to fit the deeper placed ring gear of the earlier cars.

A suitable double reduction starter motor (Tilton?) is then attached.

I already have a complete clutch and flywheel assembly for 1991 turbo (this has the ring gear as part of the flywheel) but can't find out if I can use any of it.

So I am currently looking for the 1989 clutch plate, pressure plate, ring gear, release bearing and starter motor.

I have the Porsche part numbers of the 1989 parts I need which are
Clutch plate 93011601402
Pressure plate 95011602350
Ring gear 95011614301
Release bearing 95011608008
But I don’t have the part number for the starter motor yet.

Prefer new parts. Centreforce or other upgrades considered.

This adaptation method is also used frequently by people building Ultimas (but they use Chevy engines)

Anyone have these parts available, or alternatives, or can suggest who has? I know Pelican, Patrick, Kennedy and Renegade can supply but are there sensible prices available in UK?

If I definitely can't use the 1991 parts they will appear for sale in due course.

Thanks

Lee,

A few Ultimas have been built with SB Ford engines and

G50/52s. Try the Ultima Owners Club. Somebody there might

be able to help you out.

Bill

Try Patrick Motorsports as well

www.patrickmotorsports.com

They have some high performance clutches available and have specialized in g50 conversions for high performance porsches and I suspect they have provided some of the clutches in the chevy conversions that were not from Kennedy Engineering.

Chuck Ward
no affiliation but a number of purchases.

Gregg

Gregg
Lifetime Supporter
Lee I will be running a 427 big block to a G50/52. The starter supplied to me by Kennedy Engineering was an IMI gear reduction unit. I would do a search on the web to find a dealer in the U.K. Kennedy supplied the adapter, flywheel and clutch as well. If you need further info, post here or send me a private message. Thanks and good luck.

Rick Merz

Lifetime Supporter
I can tell you from experience that you will probally want to go with a performance (stronger) pressure plate and disc because you will probally spin the clutch when you try to apply full throttle in 3rd, 4th or 5th gear. I got the best one that Kennedy makes and while it isn't cheap I can say that it doesn't slip. Kennedy claims that it will hold 650 ftlbs of torque.

Back