Washington State gt40's

Count me in for July, I'll be out of town for work June 10th. I can't wait to see how the 930 tranny works on the track!

Then let's look to July 21st. It'll be my sons 18th birthday and will be his first time driving the track. Obviously he will be in the D class. Maybe I could borrow a 914 or 912 for him to drive.

Are we still on for the vintage races for July 3rd? I'm all in for that.

I'm in Saturday for the vintage races. July 21 is a Wednesday? I guess I'll have to take a vacation day for that. What are the cost?

Yeah Cliff, this will be a P-car day. I am the HPDE Chair for the club and I get to put them on and can "sponsor" non club entrants to the events.

This will be at Pacific which has new asphalt from turn 1 to the end of turn 2. The club does not require any kind of roll over protection for non convertable cars.

We do have the correct Snell rated helmets for rent so you wont have to go buy one. The Snell rating is ending the 2000 this year and the 2010 aren't out in great force. I have been waiting to purchase a new helmet when I can find a 2010 or my new helmet will only be good for 5 years.

As for the 912, ummm how about a 914? Lets talk and I will help the registraur with which run group we can put you in. If you have run with the p-club, we should have your file on hand. This will help out a lot in determining just where to put you. You may be more comfortable in the B class. Still very fast, but can help get your feet wet again.

I have also changed a rule at the drivers meeting that IF YOU WANT TO PASS A CAR ABOUT 40" TALL, LOOK FOR THE BLINKER AS I WILL NOT REMOVE MY WINDOW FOR THE LET BY PASS.This usually gets a pretty good laugh.

Thank you Tom. Good information, and much appreciated. I think I have some serious track prep to do to my GT40 before taking her on the track to be honest. I have a couple of f-cars too, but neither one of them is a screamer (308 and 3.2 mondial), and my p-car (911cab) doesn't have a roll bar. So, I'm a bit disorganized for track time right now unfortunately.

I'll be at Pac Raceways on July 3 (Sat) for the vintage races for sure. I'll park the GT40 (blue) up by the entrance to the paddock area - they often let cool cars park there instead of out in the fields - be there with my 75 year old dad and my 4 year old son (we'll take a couple cool cars). Should be a great day, and hoping to bump into some forum guys.

I'm in Saturday for the vintage races. July 21 is a Wednesday? I guess I'll have to take a vacation day for that. What are the cost?

It will be on a Wednesday. The cost are $205 for the day and it includes the instructor and lunch. There is a $10 fee for ground school for first timers or someone that hasn't been at the track for more than 2 years. This just allows people to be able to know what to expect for the day and refresh the mind as to the proper meaning of the flags. Remember black is a bad one when pointed at you.:thumbsup:

Salina Bailey

Supporter
hey I missed that post! we do impromptu things a lot, feel free to send an email next time! painted @ wildblue.net .

the July 4th historics, we will be going along with some of the Pantera club and will be paying to park etc etc. how many of you have decided to bring your 40's?? we dont mind pitching in for a parking ticket. beats getting left out in the back where we cant see the car. looking forward to seeing some of you there!!

Hi Red, I'll be at the vintage races on the Saturday with the GT40. In the past I've often just pulled up to the front by the rear entrance to the race car area (they find a place for a gt40) but would love to park it with some other forum guys....?

Salina Bailey

Supporter
Hi Cliff, I have the contacts and ticket prices for parking in the car corral and also the info on all the happenings are in there too. maybe you can get a head count and some of the other local GT40's might join in the fun. even if a small group it looks as if they would like to have the cars parked in the corral and join in the fun. send me an email and I will forward the corral contact info to you. painted @ wildblue.net

Red,

would you share the cost for the corral. I believe that the corral is for the whole weekend. Is there a price for just the Saturday thing? I think that the Porsche corral is about $50.00 for the weekend. I would be nice to have all of us together in one place, but free is good too. I think that we can get me, Red, Cliff, and Neal. I am not sure of anyone else in the area.

Tom

Salina Bailey

Supporter
hey Tom I started a new thread with the info, hopefully catch some others attention and maybe a couple will want to join up. let us know we will call tomorrow about parking.

If any of you guys ever want to go for a saturday/sunday drive, email me: lebeter @ gmail.com . Last weekend I met up with some Cobras over on the peninsula with my Pantera. Had a blast on the backroads of the Hood Canal up to Port Townsend. Just timed the ferry trips with the tides in Fontleroy.

Chris

So are the Washington/Portland guy's going to meet at the July 3rd Saturday Vintage Races at Pacific Raceways? I for one would love to do that!

Steve

So are the Washington/Portland guy's going to meet at the July 3rd Saturday Vintage Races at Pacific Raceways? I for one would love to do that!

Steve

I think that this is still the plan! I am looking forward to it.

By the way, the Pacific Raceway Porsche Track day for July 21st will be open for open registration on the 23rd. That is tomorrow. There is still room in all run groups. Like I said before, the registration is typically on the www.motorsportreg.com. It takes just a minute to set up an account and then find the event and register. Pretty simple. I am looking forward to this too!

Hi Tom,
When are we going to meet and where? Is there a cost for parking in the corral? I'm only planning to attend on Saturday.

Steve

Please give a report on # 40's and some pics.
Sorry I can't make this opportunity to meet fellow WA owners. Maybe this could be an annual event?
Dave M.

Red Reiner had the information for putting together a corral. I think that the intent of Cliff was to just show up together and they will park us wherever, not in the coral, but somewhere cool. I'm not sure about the plan as of yet. If we cannot get into the coral because of short notice, Cliff's plan should still work.

Salina Bailey

Supporter
This is the very vague reply we received from the contact at Sovren. But from what I can get out of it, if you want to park in the corral and do the track Lap at lunch they will let you in. We also belong to the Pantera club and they said oh hec yeah bring your 40 and come with us, Brad is going to call them tomorrow or Friday and see if they mind some other "orphans" in the lineup :)

"As far as I'm concerned, the cars that can be displayed in a particular club's corral are up to the club. We've had numerous cases where a "strange" car is in the corral because an Alfa, MG, Ferrari, etc. is sick or more passenger room was needed at the last minute. Sometimes they are parked with the club, other times with the orphans or with another club. That's up to the owner.
Bill Hardrath "

So is there any plan on where we are going to park for the vintage races or is this a free for all? I want to drive the GT but I'm not going to park it out in no mans land.

Steve

Back