Washington State gt40's

Pete

Lifetime Supporter
I'll stand guard......:shy:. But really I'd like to know what the plan if any is. Sure would like to see a bunch of GT40s there.

Salina Bailey

Supporter
Ok here is the deal, tickets must be paid for in advance. Mike Thomas from the pantera club just called and said in years past people could show up and just pay at the gate but someone complained that that was taking room away from legit clubs. soooo...ticket must be paid for in advance, Mike is willing to pay for tickets this evening but needs a confirmed person to show up and pay for the ticket on Saturday. it is 30 bucks for car and driver and passenger is extra. proceeds go to charity. those of you who are going can call Brad and confirm and he will contact Mike for your ticket, or you can email Mike directly and confirm that you will be there. his email is
mbefthomas @ comcast.net
you can also email or message me and I will give you Brads number, and he can confirm with Mike about your ticket.
I have to Thank Mike Thomas for being willing to put up the cash just so we can get in.
we will be meeting in Covington at Mikes house at 8:30 am the address is 28126 180th ave SE. just off 272nd.
Again sorry its such short notice, but I personally didnt have much luck contacting the sovren guy and Brad just now got a call from Mike with the pantera club. if you can let us know tonight we will get you a ticket to get in.

Hi guys, I'm hoping to have my GT40 at Pac Raceways tomorrow (my son got sick tonight so it's a bit iffy). In the past I've just pulled up to the front and they find a place for a cool car like a GT40....not sure if that'll work again or for everyone (pays to be really, really friendly). One year I was waved back into the paddock area - that was certainly convenient parking - and nobody asked me to pay, so I had to actually leave and then re-enter so as to make my contribution.

I'll be the guy wandering around looking bleery-eyed from being up half the night with the boy....

Neal

Lifetime Supporter
Sorry guys. My flux capacitor seams to have lost it's charge. :stunned: May come out in the Mini to look this afternoon.

I just wanted to thank Brad and Selina for getting this together, I had a blast. It was really nice to finaly get to meet up with some of the Northwest GT owners and get to know them, I hope we do this more in the future. Also, a special thank's to the Pantera club that welcomed us so openly and allowed us to hang with them you guy's are great. Thanks Mike! I counted seven GT40's at the event with one being Brent's BEAUTIFUL RCR Mark IV that is just newely on the road, great job Brent! We had one MarkII (Brads'),two CAV's (Tom and Cliff) one Tornado, two scratch builts (Kalen D and Steve26) and Brents' Mark IV. I hope next year we have the other four or five that are out there so we can have a GT40 row!
Steve26

Salina Bailey

Supporter
what a great day!! but C'mon Steve tell em about the fun!! Today we learned that Yokohoma tires do not stick to the track if you need to suddenly stop...Brad and I came around to go down the stretch in front of the grandstands to find everyone stopping, Steve in front of us and oh man we went left we went right and then we did a 360 and then some, We did THANKFULLY miss clipping the back of Steves car because he had the smarts to keep going forward. The crowd gave us a standing O and cheered for us, it was all fun because it had a good ending, no harm no foul. We did hear from some people in the stands that said it was a miss by inches not feet. The pantera behind us got it all on film and will youtube it. no scolding now, it was very sudden and unavoidable and those tires really suck....I have lots of pictures to share, take me a while to edit them. good video of Steve in front of us for a lap.

Way to keep it exciting there Red! Never heard of the yellow flag coming out on a parade lap...but in any case, great to see so many nice '40's out there!

You fared better with your spin than the guy driving the '66 original GT40. Must have been something to see the Lola clam shell bearing down on you on the front straight. No doubt most folks would have locked 'em up and done a spin too!

What a great day at the vintage races. I wanted to talk to Steve, but didn't have the chance. It was really great to see so many 40's in one place.

I went and looked at the red 40 after the clam shell incident. Luckily it is just some fiberglass and nothing more serious. Kind of cool to see the Lotus with the 2000cc 4 popper in that class. That car is really fast.

Yes, Brad and Salina, invest in some better rubber. I have found Yokohamas to be too hard of a compound around here to be any good. They are just too slick and seem to never be able to warm up enough to become sticky at all. I had a pair on a Porsche and not for very long. It is great to be able to laugh about it and not fret about it because of the outcome. whew.

Lets do this again soon!

Salina Bailey

Supporter
Yoko's are going, I suggested when the Mach One goes to its new owner this month that the proceeds benefit the 40 and get it some new rubber...

I know we had a lot of fun, Cliff never came over and said hi! I did see him pull in though, pretty car Cliff! I thought the GT40 ended up being well represented.

Very Sad that the red car ended up damaged. I did see it in the trailer and didnt look to badly smashed but still... Anyone know why the clip came off the Lola? I assume someone forgot to pin it??

hey Tom check the new thread pacific raceways historics. lots of pics and a decent one or two of yours in there :)

Back