Weber 48 IDA - Show me your linkages

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
favGT40 - Please don't muck up this thread. Take it to PM or eMail if you have a problem with me or anyone else here.

Thank you very much!

Mike Trusty

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Not trying to change the subject or anything, but. Or is it actually back to the subject.

The attached photo shows the linkage that I use on injection systems. THe beauty of this arrangement is that it provides for a progressive rate of opening. This is due to the angel of the actuating links off of the bell crank close to the closed throttle position.

This is an injection system that I put together for a Pantera but the linkage geometry would be the same for Webers. The stand that the bell crank is supported on not only provides the right geometry location for the bell crank but it is a vacuum accumalator as well. This provides a good source for an average vacuum signal for the MAP sensor.

Attachments

• DSCF2751a.jpg
    DSCF2751a.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 687
Do you think I am impressed with your lawnmower? Does it have a Briggs and Straton Engine?
What are you using for transaxle? Is it a twin cylinder?

Do you think I am impressed with your lawnmower? Does it have a Briggs and Straton Engine?
What are you using for transaxle? Is it a twin cylinder?
Please refrain from making comments that are of a personal or derogatory nature. That is not what the forum is about.
Thanks
John

show us a picture of your set up Fav. I for one would like to see how it is supposed to be done. Now if you just have drawings, I do not consider that much of an endorsement to your expertise. A good copy machine and viola, we can all be experts.

I have 2 sets of 58mm webers w/ crossover manifolds to trade you Chuck for your set of 48s if you want to get rid of them...

Just so you know what a real linkage looks like.

Attachments

• DSC00282.jpg
    DSC00282.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 552
  • DSC00407.jpg
    DSC00407.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 630

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
O.M.G.
How sad.
Must include on my 'ignore list' from now on.

Just had a PM. Is it a p---s enlarging pump?

Last edited:
Back