What Color And Why?

Ron,

I wouldn't dare to guess on delivery times. The folks at Hillbank are the most likely to know that. I know the Chicago dealer has taken delivery of two cars, but they are sitting untouched, awaiting parts. One was to be their demo, but they let it go to the next guy on their list. (Interestingly, a Californian) They told me that once they had actual cars in the showroom, even though only rollers, they received a flood of new orders. That can mean a significant backlog. My car should arrive at Dennis Olthoff's shop any day now.

Steve C

Steve
GT40s Supporter
Ron....I'm one of the early adopters; P2125 ordered 6/06....Color replicates the Miles/Hulme 66 Le Mans car as shipped from Shelby (B4 red fender tops applied in France but, w/o roundells);even monocoup as original dark blue not black....Chassis mods and install kit personalized from original SEMA show car and early dealer demos to accept FE enine built by Keith Craft...Roller is at Olthoff's now.....Steve SPF MK111 # 758 bought new 6 yrs ago ( positive experience reason for early order of the GT), and now the MK11 to be added to the stable ( the Porsche in the garage will feel outnumbered)....ps How bout hearing from others who have ordered or taken delivery????

I ordered in April of last year S/N 20. It has been sitting at Olthoff's now for a month. I pushed out delivery becuse I bought a new airplane and had delivery and training for that take up my Sept/Oct. Now I am stuck waiting for the transmission. The engine and car are there. The car is Indigo blue with Viper Steel Gray striping sitting in Olthoff's lobby.

I am waiting for Olthoff to get back from SEMA to hear the latest on the trans deliveries.

Mike

Last edited:
Oh, and by the way, I stopped by Hillbank this week (they are 5 minutes from my house). They say they have "delivered" some 50+ cars so far. The most popular color combo that they have seen orders for are Titanium with Midnight Blue striping. There happened to be just such a roller in their warehouse that day - it looked real nice. They are seeing an uptick in demand now and expect a price increase to some $75k by the new year.

Mike

60-61 said:
<br /> <b>Parse error</b>: parse error, unexpected T_CASE in <b>/home/gt40s/public_html/forum/ajax.php(52) : eval()'d code</b> on line <b>26</b><br />

Darly -
What was the lag time between order and shipping? I'm trying to get some idea, based on recent factory activity, what my shipping date is. The official word is the factory does four 40s per month but if demand has picked way up, they may accelerate the monthly production quota.

I ORDERED MY MARK 11 IN JANUARY 2006 (#2024) AND IT IS AT OLTHOFF GETTING FINAL PREP (FIRST 427 SIDE OILER) I CAN'T WAIT FOR MY THANKSGIVING FEAST. JERRY

My Mk 11 Is Red And White However The Titanium Is A Great Color.my Car Is # 24 The First 427 Fe. And Ready For Delivery Shortly At Olthoff Racing. I THOUGHT THE COLOR WOULD COMPLIMENT A ROYAL BLUE WITH WHITE SPF MK3 AND WHITE WITH GAURDSMAN BLUE GT 350R.

Steve C

Steve
GT40s Supporter
steve c said:
Ron....I'm one of the early adopters; P2125 ordered 6/06....Color replicates the Miles/Hulme 66 Le Mans car as shipped from Shelby (B4 red fender tops applied in France but, w/o roundells);even monocoup as original dark blue not black....Chassis mods and install kit personalized from original SEMA show car and early dealer demos to accept FE enine built by Keith Craft...Roller is at Olthoff's now.....Steve SPF MK111 # 758 bought new 6 yrs ago ( positive experience reason for early order of the GT), and now the MK11 to be added to the stable ( the Porsche in the garage will feel outnumbered)....ps How bout hearing from others who have ordered or taken delivery????

Correction....Ordered 6/05 not 6/06 Steve

Mine Is Red With White Stipe's But Any Color On This Car Is Great.it Took Me 1o Months From Order To Engine Installation.

Steve C

Steve
GT40s Supporter
Jerry...Is your engine install complete? When will you take delivery?? I'm #25 ( right behind you at Olthoffs with an FE as well). I'm at 617 273 3105 if you would like to compare notes either give me a call or post your phone # and I'll call you...Steve SPF 758 and GT40P2125

Steve, I spoke with Dennis last tues and they had some clutch issue they were working on i think some of the brackets ect for the fe were incorrect and are being modified. call 417-207-3742

Steve, I see that your fe was done at keith craft. my sideoiler was a new old stock short block with lemans rods ect. and I had keith craft complete the engine with disguised edelbrock heads, roller rocker (requires special hole in gally) engine dyno was 560 hp 540 torque. I think my engine install will make yours a much easier job for Dennis. I also have spf #1288 and have a very positive experience with superformance products.
jerry douglas
spf mk3
spf gt 40
1972 panterra
1965 mustang gt 350r
procharged 2005 mustang gt
1971 prostock maverick
1939 ford street rod

Hi all,

This is my first post and I'd like to introduce myself. My name is Rich. I handed over my first downpayment last week after a test ride through the Ohio country side. Dean (Dynamic Motorsports) has informed me delivery time is roughly 8 months. I haven't even picked MK1 or MK11 yet but as of late I'm leaning in the direction of a black MK11 (#1008) clone with a stroked 351/427 alloy motor. I do have a question though. Have any of you looked into switching from manual brakes to power brakes? Again hello to all.

Rich.

Rich,

Did you get on the brakes hard during your test? When I tested Doug Reed's car at Road Atlanta the stock Wilwoods seemed great to me. With competition pads I think they would suffice for serious track use.

What kind of down payment do they require?

On the brake issue, My Kirkham 427 powered cobra has manual big wilwoods and stops well, however the CAV with its big powered brakes stops much better.

In answer to Rob's query as to current delivery time, it is running at four to five months to shipment from the factory. You will have to allow for the time in transit as well which is between five and eight weeks, dependant where you are. This lead time also changes dependant on ratio's of orders to shipments per week. We are currently shipping eight units per month which will move to ten by January.
To answer some other questions, we can supply both the MK1 and MK2 in right and left hand drive. The standard shifter in centre mounted but we also do a sill mounted option for all versions. For the real purist we also have the original "rod and uj " type unit, but it can only be used on the RHD cars. The MK1, as most know, has three different width rear ends and we offer all three. The most popular is the one that takes the 10 inch wheels.
Please feel free to direct any further queries you may have to us.

Steve Briscoe

Lifetime Supporter
Bigblockquad said:
Have any of you looked into switching from manual brakes to power brakes? Again hello to all. Rich.

Rich, welcome to the forum. It will be interesting to see how braking system questions develop for the Superformance GT40. When I drove Dean Rosen's car, I was very impressed by the braking system. It definitely had some of the best brakes I've ever used. But when I drove his Noble, I started to plan enhancements of the braking system. The Noble braking system was unbelievable. I realize a 40 and a Noble are an apples and oranges comparison, but if I can get the 40 to stop on a dime, I'm open to alterations of the factory system.

By the way, Dean Rosen and Ian Grunes are good guys. I've appreciated their help. I sought them out before we had a SPF dealer here in Colorado and I'm glad to be a client.

Of course I can only speak of my experience and I'm sure they can tailor a program for anyone but my downpayment was $15K with another due at shipping and the balance due upon delivery. Very fair in my book.

On the brake question. Obviously it wasn't a deal breaker for me. I also have a 94 RX7 with an LS6 and AP brakes. That was my benchmark for comparing brakes (Hinson Super Cars). The brakes felt good but needed more initial bite and a little less throw. I'm sure that can be rectified with an adjustment in the pedal assembly and a pad change however I would still like to see if anyone knows about the power brake options.

I can't wait to see my car, it'll be a dream come true.

To everybody thanks for the welcome.
Rich.

When my friend Chuck gave Superformance the original Ford Guardsman Blue paint code to paint his car, they already had a color they called Guardsman Blue, but it wasn't the original color. So Superformance calls the original color Galaxy Blue. I tried to upload a photo of Chucks car, but it wouldn't let me.

Back