What`s the yanks take on this?

Steve

Supporter
There is ZERO truth to any of this. ZERO.

They both surrendered their law licenses so that they could avoid having to do the drudgery of continiuing legal education. Plenty of lawyers who stop practicing do exactly that.

If disciplinary proceedings had been instituted against either one, it would be a matter of record. If a federal judge made surrender of a law license a precondition to anything, it would be a matter of record.

More frankly racist hate for the Obamas based on....nothing.

Jeff's almost certainly correct on this. It would be nearly impossible for either of them to maintain a license and voluntarily surrendering it is the appropriate procedure. It's the same in medicine. It is best to go through the process of this rather than fail to maintain continuing education and get suspended for that reason.

As for the racist hate as a motivation? Maybe, or maybe not. It's an easily condemnable assumption that makes for a convenient derision of the author, but is not necessarily true. I was once accused by a classmate for being racist after calling him out for not pulling his weight in a small group project in medical school. My reply was something like "This has nothing to do with your race, it's strictly personal. You are a worthless lazy piece of shit. I never said you represent your race, but if you did they should all collectively kick your ass."

I'd gladly vote for Condoleeza Rice, Colin Powell, and possibly Ben Carson. I can't stand Barack Obama. It's strictly personal.

Steve

Supporter
Point is that anyone with half a brain would have read about two sentences of it and dismissed it as trash...One look at any of the comments sections in most of the world's leading newspapers confirms my suspicions that the internet has exposed a significant quantity of people who are frighteningly, (ill educated is not the right term, because many people with a scant education record can be highly perceptive), so I will just say plain DUMB!

I blame the internet for giving these mouth breathers oxygen, where they swamp the bandwidth with negativity.

Sorry, it's a slow news day here.. :)

PS The libel laws here in the UK specifically cite in essence that a repeated libel by a third party (as in a quote)is still a libel, so not only are the perps of that article guilty so are those that choose to repeat it.

Yes, the internet seems to add tremendous fuel to ignorance. I'm not sure if it's true stupidity or a seemingly blind allegiance to a rigid way of thinking that is magnified by the access to (often highly biased) websites that support and therefore seemingly add validity to the rigid viewpoint.

Well what do the Mericuns reckon on their neighbors new Liberal leader after his win in the Curnadian election ? Seems to have a lot of promise`s lined up ready to break :shifty:

Bob

Keith

I am not sure what your intended meaning there was Bob but I have a feeling that you were implying that Liberal = Red?

However, nothing could be further than the truth as Red is the colour of True Blue Conservatives in the US of A. Democrats are Blue, Confusing? I believe this is the map (sorry couldn't find a graph) from the last erection. There appears to be a disparity as the number of Red States seem to outnumber the Blue ones, yet there is a Democrat Administration.

Blue: States carried by the Democrat in all four elections
Red: States carried by the Republican in all four elections
Puce: States carried by the Republican in three of the four
Purple: States carried by each party twice in the four elections
Light Blue: States carried by the Democrat in three of the four elections

I am quite sure I will be corrected if wrong! Standing by for incoming!

(Not sure what purple ones are. Gay? No, see above)

Voting in American Erections seems very straight forward.. :)

Last edited:

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
Keef --- our system works like this. The President is elected by "electors." Each state gets a certain number of electors based on population. The winner of the popular vote in a state gets all the electors.

Thus, winning the states with the biggest populations are key -- North Dakota is huge but gets you almost no electors.

California, New York, Michigan, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, Illinois are big pop states that typically vote Democrat in the erection. Texas, Georga, , NC, typically go Repube.

Ohio, Florida, Colorado and Virginia are "swing states" and really the only states that matter at the end of the day. They decide who is PResident.

ON the bombing, we've been following it closely here in the US and the US is apparently playing a large role in teh investigation. President Obama announced yesterday our intelligence thinks it likely a bomb. They Egyptians don'tl like that as it will hurt tourism.

Other news that came out this morning is that a UK based airliner (Towson Airlines?) dodged a missile on approach to Sharm al Shaky (or whatever the name of the resort is) a few months back. PRetty amazing story, the pilot of a commercial jet apparntly spotted it visually and dodged it by 1000 feet (300 meters to you Euroweenies...lol).

Incredibly, the Egyptians kept a lid on that story.

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
'Strange...

The 'powers that be' 'round here have made it clear we "Mericans" needz tuh shuddup 'bout "Merican" polly-ticks...and yet every time we turn around we see charts and graphs and whatever being posted on this forum that deal with "Merican" politics/election results, etc., and then read something like, "I am surprised no ("Mericans have) posted on (this or that political topic/comment/thread)." :snobby:

Personally (and I'm just speaking for my own darned self, ya understand), for the reason stated, I not only can see why "Mericans" don't comment, I understand why. :juggle:

Buuuuut, 'mebbe' that's just me... :baby:

'Going back to my room now...

'Strange...

The 'powers that be' 'round here have made it clear we "Mericans" needz tuh shuddup 'bout "Merican" polly-ticks...and yet every time we turn around we see charts and graphs and whatever being posted on this forum that deal with "Merican" politics/election results, etc., and then read something like, "I am surprised no ("Mericans have) posted on (this or that political topic/comment/thread)." :snobby:

Personally (and I'm just speaking for my own darned self, ya understand), for the reason stated, I not only can see why "Mericans" don't comment, I understand why. :juggle:

Buuuuut, 'mebbe' that's just me... :baby:

'Going back to my room now...

They are old posts Larry ( pre polytik ban ) I wondered what you thought of the Mericun red neck demolition guys :)

Bob

Back