Love the Sea & Ships?

Keith

Check out this incredibly dangerous and skilful landing. The Greek ferries come in for a lot of bad press, but when you consider they do this stuff day in day out.. respect. This looks to be a pretty large ship - unfortunately, they don't show it.

Many of the Greek ferries are ex German Navy WWII vintage. I have travelled between the islands in an 'S' Boat (popularly misnamed E boat) and what fantastic machines they are. My 'favourite' was a full on ex WWII LCT - it was so flat bottomed - (to negotiate the shallows) that it rolled in wet grass. A 10 hour journey in the dark from Fiskardo on Kefelonia to Preveza on the mainland even in calm seas convinced me that anyone who crossed the the channel in '44 in one of these, let alone got off and got shot at deserves the highest praise.

By the way the guys on the shore in this clip I have voted the largest cojones in Greece:)

One false move...... :stunned:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kb_kHjMfUdY"]Very bad weather and ferry arrived to port. - YouTube[/ame]

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
It looked like quite a big ferry, given the vehicles that embarked. Scary stuff, I wonder what it is like when the weather gets bad!

Back