What ya drivin ?

Daily driver: 2003 Jeep Liberty
Car in the garage: 1972 Plymouth 'Cuda 340 4-speed
Car out in the snow: 1969 Dodge Dart, patiently waiting for
Hemi transplant...
Car in the future: MDA GT40, hopefully...
Car on drawing board: AMC AMX /2 prototype

Rick

[ QUOTE ]
I know the Volvo is a far better product and it has more airbags than a bouncy castle.

[/ QUOTE ]My Vette has more airbags when my wife is in it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
Daily driver....Toyota Tacoma truck- easily the most trouble-free vehicle I have ever owned. Also, 1999 or thereabouts LHD Mini-Cooper, twin-point EFI, (German spec), with wide Yokohama A532s, will out-corner just about anything- much better handling skills than my driving abilities can use. AND, it's convertible weather here in MD, I'm supposed to get my 280SL back tomorrow...it goes faster with the hardtop off. Wonder why...

This isn't my daily driver, but I sure like it a lot! I have owned this car longer thanI care to remember, and take it from me,Nothin sounds as good as a V12 Ferrari going thru the gears.

Vic

CAV 40

Attachments

• 32584-Red Car.jpg
    32584-Red Car.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 293
Do you have my permission to use that picture /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif ????
My image is copyrighted you know...much like Mr. Melia's

Fran, I should get permission for those boney legs to send them to Palyboy! Didn't even see you in the pix.

Vic

Dave,
I think you are right with the S80, I am told the next gen will be better.... as for if you ever get a chance to see the crash test facility over in Sweden, it breaks your heart watching a DB9 going into the wall /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Brett

Rob,

I actually am a huge fan of the earlier Zs too. I have noticed your icon before and thought about asking if you were into the old Zs.

I was looking for a 240Z before I came across the 300ZXTT. I couldn't really find one to my liking here... and also decided that if I got an older Z, I would undoubtedly start to tear the thing apart... and I was looking for a driver, not another project!

So, I went and test drove the TT. It is a great drive, and I don't have quite as much temptation to modify it since it is harder to work on and the parts cost so darn much!

The car is pretty fast. Turbos spool up quick and in stock form 0-60 is supposed to be achievable in 5 seconds. But this isn't a drag car, and it is on the track that it really is supposed to shine... Top speed is supposed to be about 160mph with factory gearing.

John

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
Daily driver???? Hmmnnn, GT40 P1116 once, when my real POS wouldn't start, so I was "forced" to put the dealer plate on it and take it home...via the drive thru, past the school and about 25 more miles on my 1.6 mile drive home!!!

Every day ride is a V6 Contour (Mondeo) but the Summer ride is my Merkur XR4Ti(i) [Sierra XR] the extra "I" is for the trick intercooler with ductwork I built. It goes real well and is a great road car. If Ford had done a halfway decent job with these in the US they would have gone over. As the Merkur guys are fond of saying, we aren't orphans, we are disowned children!!! Wife drives a 2000 Taurus SEX saloon.

Both sons have hand-me-down Taurus and Contour cars altough number 1 son, the attorney, has just ordered a Mini Cooper S.

Someday he will make enough to support me in the manner to which I wish to become accustomed!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Rick /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
And my favourite one horse power ride with four legs /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Attachments

• 32687-Jasper1.JPG
    32687-Jasper1.JPG
    86.3 KB · Views: 308
Pete:

Although it's not my daily driver, I think your beautiful one horsepower would spank my 1946 Harley tank shifting knucklehead in the hundred yard dash. It's all original with 36,000 miles, lots of patina, and the only thing I own that's not for sale at twice its value

Daily drivers;

110,000 miles on 400hp, twin turbo NSX
76,000 on winter car...Audi TT Quatro
Summer fun is Kawasaki ZX-11...0-60 in 2.6 sec...10.3 in the quarter mile (but not with me driving)

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
[ QUOTE ]
Pete
Very beautiful! Hunter jumper?

[/ QUOTE ]It is a Hanovarian,
a German Warmblood and I use him to ride Dressage. He loves to Jump but I don't bounce like I used to. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Buzz,
Excuse the pun, but what a buzz it must be to own a classic like the Knucklehead. With the 20-20 vision of hindsight I wish I had not sold any of my bikes.

[ QUOTE ]
Pete,

NEVER, EVER ride anything that eats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rick /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

or bites!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Back