When your best isn't good enough.

Brian Kissel

Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Ross !

There are no words that can help ease the pain. Only time will. You and yours are in our prayers.

Regards Brian

Ross - Thank You for sharing this with us. It really woke me up and got me out of my rut. Emailed my son today and told him that I love him.
My prayers are with you and your family
Sincerely
Mike Wegener

Ross,my deepest sympathies go out to you and Cheryl. Nothing in this life prepares you for losing a child. Take the opportunity to let your good friends help you through this.You and your family will be in my prayers.
A.J.

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Ross, I only this instant looked at this thread. I am without words that can adequately express my sadness for you and Cheryl. Please accept deepest Sympathy from me and Di. :cry:

I think I speak for all of us on the forum Russ when I say we wish we could be there for you and Cheryl. But we are with you in spirit, thoughts and prayers. May God provide you both with the strength to pull through this. We are all here to help you in any way we can

God bless
Bill and Diane

Ross and Cheryl
Our deepest sympathies and condolences to you and your family, We do understand what you and Cherly is going through.

Lim and Amy

Russ Noble

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Ross,

That is a real bugger. I don't think life really equips us to cope with a sudden death. I can't even begin to imagine how you and Cheryl must be feeling right now.

Don't beat yourself up about your best not being good enough. This is one of those really sad and tragic occurrences where nothing you could have done would have made any difference.

I used to think depression was one of those things where it was just a case of the person concerned needing to come to grips with it and stop feeling sorry for themselves. But having later experienced it in my close family I now know that it is caused by a chemical imbalance in the body. It can be treated by (prescription) drugs but sometimes that causes more problems than the original depression. Chronic depression is a ticking time bomb and often there is absolutely nothing you can do about it.

Ross mate, I really feel for you and Cheryl. If you want to talk, PM me and I will phone.

Russ

Last edited:
Ross and Cheryl,
Both Lydia and I are saddened by this news.Our deepest sympathies go out to you both and your families.You both hold your heads up high knowing well that you did your best.
Leon

Peter Delaney

GT40s Supporter
Ross & Cheryl,

I was so sad to hear the news & really feel for you both. As Russ said, chronic depression is a clinical condition, not a result of any parenting issues (I also know this from direct family experience) - there obviously was nothing further that you could have done.

Heartfelt sympathies mate.

Peter D.

Dear Ross, my heart ran cold when I heard about this tragedy. These are only words and not even mine but when I was faced with something similar it gave me a glimmer of understanding and hope that there is a plan that is bigger than we can see.

"To mourn too long
for those we love
is self indulgent -
but to honour their memory
with a promise
to live a little better
for having known them,
gives purpose to their life-
and some reason
for their death....."

I wish I could offer you more, but you are in our thoughts.

Kindest regards
Owen & Karen

Ross and Cheryl,
What an appalling blow. Janet's and my sincerest condolences go out to you both.
As has already been mentioned, don't feel that you are to blame - you did your very best for your son, but his clinical condition got the better of him.
Look to the future.
Best wishes,
Tony and Janet Hunt

Really sorry to hear about the loss of your son to such tragic circumstances.

We wish you and your family strength at this darkest time.

Ross,

So sad to hear your news. Depression is something that has struck our family in the same way three times. You did what you could, it's an awful condition. My thoughts are with you at this time.

Simon

Back