Where's our rep gone?

Keith

I've been working hard to increase my rep and some thieving pikey has nicked it! :mad:

Not only mine either......

We've got mice.rockonsmile

Ron Earp

Admin
Keith, it is turned off for now. That subsystem seems to act quite strange.

Basically, the amount of points you could award someone was directly related to the number of posts you'd made on the forum and how long you'd been on the forum. For example, I've been around a long time and due to admin nature have made a lot of posts. If I positively rated you on this thread your rating would be something like 1200 and the highest level possible.

Now, if you went round and acted like a complete a$$ after that no number of ratings from most users would do anything to you. There are a few guys with enough "points" to lower your rating, but not many.

In fact, you've got over 857 posts, a lot, but haven't been around that long. You could have a fairly large effect on a newbie, and effect that s/he wouldn't recover from unless someone like you, or with more posts, rated the newbie.

Anyhow, bottom line is I'll do some research on the system over on the VB Forum.

The new version of VB has a cool "Warn" feature. What it does is display a bar essentially showing how close you are to being kicked off the forum based on admin and user ratings. Cool feature, but what is even cooler is that we don't need a feature like that on GT40s.com because folks do make an effort to treat each other with respect.

Ron

Keith

Roger that Commendatore..you certainly DON'T need a warn button like that. Perhaps an Ollie button;) but that's it..

Thanks for the explanation, but I do miss the Rep score. They were the only points I've ever scored in this cruel, cruel world..... :squint:

Ron Earp

Admin
Well, look at it like this - you never really had 500 points and I didn't have like 1900 either - I know I'm not that well liked! :rolleyes: The old system was all buggered up, this one seems right, at least for the moment.

Ron

Keith

Ron Earp said:
Well, look at it like this - you never really had 500 points and I didn't have like 1900 either - I know I'm not that well liked! The old system was all buggered up, this one seems right.

Ron

Well, I enjoyed them while they lasted.....:) (a bit like my several wives really)

I am loving the rep power. I have gone from 0 (an unknown quantity) to 1 (Jack is just really nice). Whoever you are out there rep voter, I love your work!

Cheers

Jack

Ron Earp

Admin
Nope - that 1 and 2 doesn't have to do with your names. Have a look at the other thread. The 2 you have now is how much power you can give, or take, from someone. The green gems show your rating.

Ron Earp

Admin
The system appears to be working okay. Folks are using it fairly extensively and it doesn't look like it is as skewed as it was. Have at it and enjoy.

Ron

Back