Who makes the best GT40?

A couple of photos from my files of some finished cars by Classic Car Developments Ltd.

I know one is a Jag but it's just such a lovely 'English gentlelman' race car.

Both marques being 100% ENGLISH by design and build of course. Maybe the GT40 had a very small amount of input from our USA cousins across the pond? But really just a VERY small amount of background help only, plus maybe a little bit of funding as well?!!!

Attachments

• CCD GT40 image 3 (reduced).jpg
    CCD GT40 image 3 (reduced).jpg
    230.7 KB · Views: 551
  • CCD 'D Type'  image 6 (reduced).jpg
    CCD 'D Type' image 6 (reduced).jpg
    275 KB · Views: 436
Hi Brian

Sadly I wasnt there then! My first ever trip to NZ was in May this year. Sounds like I missed a good event from what I heard though

But I did get some laps around Teretonga in a Mazda RX7 track car which was good, that is until some crazy local chap decided to ride his pushbike around the circuit with cars on track passing him at 100mph+ . Lucky for him, a very alert and athletic Marshall did a flying tackle on him which took him off onto the grass but it also knocked the guy unconscious so the whole event got stopped for the police & ambulance to come and drag the idiot away !

I'm scheduled to be back at CCD early part of next year for phase 2 of the car build as the chassis should be virtually complete by then. I'll probably travel via the USA again so if you need any small parts for your own project then I can carry these in my luggage for you. Otherwise I have a large sea shipment of MkII parts leaving from N/E area of USA (Cushman Competition) in a few weeks if you have anything large/heavy to be sent over to Christchurch/Invercargill.

In any case it would be nice if we can meet up then so we can chat about our respective projects etc

Best regards
Paul

Couple more pics I've dug out of some of David Brown's in-house creations

Attachments

• DSC00435.jpg
    DSC00435.jpg
    192.5 KB · Views: 537
  • 000_0181.jpg
    000_0181.jpg
    269.1 KB · Views: 396
Ford did.... but they are expensive

Joking aside, I recommend searching around to find what you think is the best. All of these cars have their pros and cons including cost, availability, authenticity, etc... it is more about what you are looking for in a car vs. being the "best". Actually one might suggest that if you define what you think "best" equals the folks on the forum can probably point you to the replica/builder that offers an experience nearest to what you are looking for.

In my humble opinion I think the best GT40 is the one in your garage...

Kevin

Four pages but the answer was here all the time!

It sure took me a long time, but I would not have been happy with another car. I chose RCR because it allowed me to do what I wanted to do. Originality was not the top of my list, the driving experience was, and that is a personal thing. Many times as I stared at my unfinished car I thought "should have just bought an SPF or a finished RCR" but every time I snick that Ricardo into the next gear I just start giggling. And the motor is just incredible....

I will say my car has standard seats and is not exactly roomy. But it is not hot or particularly loud (both surprising details). It does border on terrifying, but in a good way :)

This also isn't my first rodeo and as it has only been on the road a few months I know the development will go on for years until it is dialed in like nothing else.

GOOD LORD does it sound good. Nothing else like it!

Like Dean, I am happy to chat with anyone who has questions.

Cheers to all! -J.

Back