why all this?(italian delirium..call a medician or 911 plz.)

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
what can I say?
I just look at classic car website about Villa d'este exhibition in Como Lake, a wonderful place here near Milano (and I lost again the opportunity to be there cause I still have to work for Jas motorsport,even at nights...damn.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif) Villa d'este
I look at some incredibly nice cars..as the 2 Alfa prototypes clearly ispired to old 33 stradale from 1967 (we are even there..all from gt40 era..damn damn.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif)
008.jpg

definitely too similar...
1967%2033.2%20Stradale.jpg

But I ask myself...why all this??
We clearly wellknow Alfa will never produce such wonderful cars (if yes I will have one at once...first of all if that will be a REAL Alfa..and not a fake Fiat just Alfa logged..)
I am referring to the too great differences they made between Brera prototype and Brera production car /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif...that is definitely TOO different in everything (and for sale at a stratospheric price..probably in the way of all such modern cars..).
So why this??..why make people dream that way when we all know those dream ones are just style exercises(and being always around in so many race cars factory I wellknow now what is possible to do and what is not).

Even more at what i looked in Guglielmo Bellasi small factory (he was a small formula 2 '60s producer and pilot,today one of the best carbon fiber supplier in Italy..now making his own car, based on the latest Dodge Viper with ferrari 575 engine...american in size and with a body that is a wonderful mix between a Viper and a Ac Cobra, for the rear part....a dream guys ..a REAL dreamcar, that will be done all in carbon fiber for body and monocoque,both already finished..).
Unique car..just his exercize.
I have pictures of it...but cannot post cause he told me not to.

I always talk to him about this matter (and is a pleasure cause he comes directly from gt40 era)...and he just says that is done only to make people dream on.

Make the ultimate sportscar of your dreams is possible,but the mass just need expensive dreams.

Also thinking at all what I am looking around me in this period I think all this gt40 comunity and reality is very very near to perfection for real car enthusiast(even for the prices...really..)

Also the so acclaimed Ferrari are usually...really shitty made cars, with ugly fittings and terrific assembly quality over the parts u cannot see (a newer one,on its way to be converted to FIA GT standards we make at Jas ..was already not alligned on the dime....is this possible???..brand new 575 car.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif)
Its only perfection is on the engines..that is always a true masterpiece.

For me now..for too many reasons,the Gt40 quality replica cars...are the real top.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif..and I think I need a good doctor cause I still think this looking 3 minutes ago to a brand new Pagani Zonda roadster...parked here outside /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif......... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif..gt40 is Nicer, believe me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Paolo

Ron Earp

Admin
Nice looking cars, both of them. Just design excercises again? Seems I saw one of them in a car magazine for show and Alfa does produce a lot of "show" only cars, too bad....

the nicer one and original was the 1967 alfa 33 stradale (some survived in Italy..i saw one of theme owned by Conte Agusta).
I compare that beauty with gt40 one.,
2000cc V8 ..anyway produced, sold out and base of a wellknown race winning sportscar(alfa 33 family prototypes)

the second, newer one..is just a style exercise..yes /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif
Paolo

Back