why nobody still didnt assembly gt40 in china?

Looking at my models I sometimes wonder why still nobody decided to plan a gt40 production in china.
According to what I know...they still do not have the technology required to produce a serious production car(with emissions controlled and crash tests), but nearly surely they can be able to follow the ocidental istruction to assembly a relatively simple car as gt40s (or cobras).

If I look at my static and dynamic models, the attention to detail is simply impressive and second to no one.
And always at soo rasonable prices.
Looking now my CMC Maserati in 1/18 scale..a true masterpiece. If the assembly will be done in germany or america, the final price will be nearly 5 times higher.
The developing of the model is anyway ALWAYS american or german.

Its just my wonder...can someone of the producer tell me why nobody think at this?
Maybe the final price for a fully finished gt40 can be less than half...

Paolo

Volume and Quality Control, its my experience they like to make lots of something not limited amounts, I suspect a lot of the component parts would be simple for them but to give you an idea, most looms and such like they will only quote sensible prices on 1000 or more. even then they really prefer 10,000.
To give you an idea in another project I am working on we get 18,000 looms an order, it took 3 years to setup, failures were 30% in the first year, its now down to 10%, there quality is based on the production techinique nothing more, sometimes they just cannot get to that level until a system is put in place to make it happen.

Strangley over the last 6 months price increases in China are looking at moving some of this production back to the UK. There cost of living rises and mortgage rate increases have driven wages up, some predict there domination in manufacturing may end sooner than predicted.

Lynn Larsen

Lynn Larsen
There is a huge issue with Intellectual Property rights not being observed in China as well. Quite a number of manufacturers who have chosen to produce goods in China, and other Asian countries, have found that, when the contracts have finished or been cancelled, products continue to be produced and sold by the contracted production sites. Sometimes the logo may be slightly changed, but sometimes it is not changed at all and continues to be sold as an "original."

The Chinese court system seems to be unmotivated to act quickly, if at all, in these situations. That is, unless they are motivated by significant sums of cash. I read a fairly extensive article in News Week on this while I waited during my last doctor's visit.

yes,all those points are right.
I think at chineses only as assembler of rolling chassis, just cause that operation seems to me (but I can be wrong) not so harder than other items they already produce.

It could be maybe only a way to keep lower production costs (if they do rolling chassis they cant maybe provide a real clone of the complete car..cause dont have engones and transaxles).

Was just my personal wonder..cause they already are in too many production sectors, and maybe still just miss the tech to start car production(from what i know only old projects are done down there, but I suspect there is a sort of fear to china...)

Paolo,

After having visited China, I have a great fasination for the place.

My take is they wish to start our small, doing production, then design, and ultimately when they have their system running, they will take over marketing. That is when we have to beware.

Best
Dom

Back