ZFQ new proposed GT40 transaxle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good luck Chris,
I hope it does work well from the beginning. If not it is burned.
I jump in the game as well as you have seen in the annoucements.
Regards
Wanni

Steve Briscoe

Lifetime Supporter
I'm glad to see that you "jump in the game" with your own thread. IMO, your input into this thread is somewhat transparent and may be designed to garner attention for a competitive product. If you have a true interest in the design of the ZFQ transaxle, the private e-mail feature will allow you to provide input without distracting the presentation Chris is trying to make. The ZFQ uses Quaife technology and materials. Let's let them tell us how they're going to provide first class products and service. I'll be most happy to read your thread and consider questions about your transaxle.

Thank you for your support of car enthusiasts and those of us who need an improved transaxle.

I jump in the game as well as you have seen in the annoucements.
Regards
Wanni

My friend, I am not hungry today, and your reply is so semplicistic that I feel you are sympatic. Without any war, but I must tell this guy how to understand the infos he is collecting.
Steve, please answer the following questions....
1) List my clients as OEM supply, if you are well informed. Your answer is pubblic and try to do not make any ingeniouty.
2) List all the clients , regarding this product, of the manufacturer chosed by Chris.
3) Tell me if those answer are sufficients or you need some more questions to wake up your suspects about with some more dedicated questions.
Everybody shall believe that I am trying to be as soft as possible in terms of reactions to those kind of provocations.
Answer what's listed above and tell me if you need some more questions in order to show how low is the level of the discussion???
Sorry to be so rude, but intelligent questions are getting intelligent answers......shall I tell you the rest?????
Wanni Albertini, the GearFox. Not for services given back but for aquired merits.

Chris, why do you keep replying to this clown, he's just a wind up merchant! We all totally support the ZFQ project, and believe it will be a huge success.

I dont think that Wanni is that much of a distraction, he has pointed out some very valid concerns.

If I am not mistaken the point of this board is for an open dialog. You are right in that SOME of his comments seem to be an attempt to put his product in a better light, but I think that most of us have the ability to see that.

Adrian

Thank to Adrian, who reached the point.
Frank, keep the clown for the time you look yourselve in a mirror.
This time you will find a real one.
For the future, talk only about your opinion and do not take all the forum with you. You are one......and probably alone.
Learn some politeness.
Best Regards
Wanni

Hi Guys

There is great support for The ZFQ and our order book is growing day by day from the GT40 community and other manufacturers as well, we are very confident that the ZFQ will be a great success in the mid engined market place. If Wanni has customers for this transmission then I would be happy to supply him.

Regards

Chris Melia.

Keith

Thank to Adrian, who reached the point.
Frank, keep the clown for the time you look yourselve in a mirror.
This time you will find a real one.
For the future, talk only about your opinion and do not take all the forum with you. You are one......and probably alone.
Learn some politeness.
Best Regards
Wanni

I believe the original point was, Mr Albertini, that you were hijacking (either intentionally or otherwise) another manufacturers product announcement thread which is considered bad form in this context.

Better that you continued a dialogue with Chris on the subject of his (and/or your) transaxle on a new thread so as not to dilute his message or the responses from potential customers, but what the hey.

And whilst open dialogue is very much the point of this forum, so is keeping thread discipline tight so everyone knows which way is up..

I guess that this concept has been well lost in translation. :squint:

Thanks for your suggestions which I appreciate, Keith.
You are telling your point without getting offensive as por above.
Clown does not need any translation because it is the same in most of the languages. If open dialogue means to be allowed to become offensive in a pubblic forum..................some basic rules are missing.
Everybody is free to do it privately on [email protected] and i will feel much more free in answering in an appropriate mode.
Best Regards

Sorry Chris,
I apologise for using your space for answering to personal chats.
Now it shall not happen anymore if the guys wanting to have a chat with me will be so kind to use my private account.
BYE and good luck.

Hi Chris,
spoke to JW at the Autosport about the box... can I ask a silly question.... I see the Gear change Mech is on the right side of the box, can this be flipped to the Left side for LHD cars ?? or do we have to use the Cable change system ????

Also is the cable change system an external bolt on Mech, or do you have 2 levers coming out the box for that system ???

I'm hoping to start my own Mid engined Kit Car Company in the coming months, have a prototype on the jigs at present.. But will need 215+mph capable gear sets with a 28" rear wheel at 7000rpm, will this cost more than the standard price if so how mmuch more ???

Cheers for answers in advance

Clive

If you are driving a LHD car the shifter is in the middle of the car so it should be no problem hooking it up to either the right or left side of the trans. The problem comes in with a RHD car when the shifter is all the way to the right of the car, having it hook up to the left side of the trans is really problematic.

Hi Clive
the ZFQ transaxle will offer a range of gear sets to accommodate use in different cars using larger diameter wheels this may have however an additional tooling cost and would be dependant on quantities required.

The gear change is as shown, a mechanical rod push pull and twist, but a cable shift ZF system as used on the left hand drive SPF cars is available. Otherwise you could invert the trans into the Pantera configuration if a mechanical rod shift was preferred.

I have attached a PDF file showing external dimensions to help with design decisions.

regards

Chris.

Attachments

• E-62G1-01.pdf
    267.4 KB · Views: 650
Thanks Wanni
it looks as though transaxles for the GT40 market will be falling from the sky soon?

regards

Chris

I have to jump in for Wanni's defense here. IMHO what he was doing is asking some little bit more in depth questions. This IS benefitial for all forum members. I understand that not everybody have a clue what is he asking about but some people do. Also he NEVER got personal till someone started it first. If manufacturer is not willing to answer forum member's questions it is his own right and I can understand it.
When an expert of such a high level is asking well educated questions it can not harm the forum. It can harm a less than capable product but that's life.
Mr. Albertini IS an expert - his gearboxes are used in most exotic supercars on the planet. So I think that his technical opinion should be highly regarded. If he mentiones his own product from time to time... well I can't blame him for that. Those are some really great boxes if a little expensive :)

Just my 2 cents.

Peace
Ted

To the moderator

This is getting way off thread.

If you want to give genuine input to this much needed ZF replacement transaxle, the ZFQ then fine, if not post in the appropriate place please.
Try the forum abuse and advertising thread.

Chris.

Hi Guys

Quaife have made the production of the ZFQ a top priority, just to make it clear that we designed the ZFQ specifically as a direct nut and bolt replacement for the ZF/RBT transmission.
The Superformance's dealer in the UK Nigel Hume has already ordered a ZFQ and has offered the SPF GT40 as a test bed for the prototype trans.

Quaife are now making the first casing and already have the gear sets, crown wheel and pinions on the shelf we were the first to announced our product for this specific market and it shows by the number of other transmission companies now jumping on the band wagon that the decision was right.

Our order book is growing nicely and I believe that the ZFQ will be the trans of choice, we already have RCR, SPF, RF, Tornado and Southern GT, owners that have placed orders.

regards

Chris Melia.

Attachments

• rh_solid.jpg
    rh_solid.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 887
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back