zimmerman/martin case

Thinly veiled racism makes me want to puke.

He said basically your second post immediately after the verdict. He is also completely and 100% entitled to try to explain to idiotic lily white Americans what it is like to have grown up black in the US, and how that might have affected what happened that night.

To bring to light his perceived inequities during an extremely tense time is not a "bringing America together" move. If anything it will intensify bad feelings. "Idiotic lily white America" sounds a bit racist to me you creepy ass cracker!:)

What I find sad is that the opinionated yet uninformed crowds look only at his name and photo and assume he's white yet that's only half true. His mother is Peruvian and his father is caucasion. His Florida community has a very large Hispanic population. From what I've read he bought the gun out of advice from friends because he and his wife were being menaced by a pit bull while out on walks and pepper spray wouldn't do the trick. He was also asked by his community to be part of the neighborhood watch.

And to those who keep saying he was "Just 17". Well he was 5-11, 158 lbs., and physically fit. Zimmerman was a pudgy un-fit, 4 inch shorter, 5-07 and 204 lbs.......

Last edited:
And, our little teen angel had been expelled from school on several occasions for fighting, posession of stolen jewelry, and some seeds found in his backpack. Never prosecuted.
Additionally, an incriminating portion of his cell phone records had mysteriously disappeared months before the trial. What was released were a few cell phone pics showing him holding a 9mm Glock, smoking pot and a couple of him fighting. The defense team only received these photos on July 4th from the prosecution and the evidence was not allowed to be presented in the courtroom (Judge). There are still about 2500 records remaining that were never discovered by the defense. Even his galpal, told (on news stations) of his instigating fights, and said that Mr. Z should have just taken the "Ass-whoopin" and moved on. The punk ass gang banger Miami way! How are the demonstrations going in your locale today? My first and last comment on this subject!

Okay Al, from his own mouth:

On His Use Of Illegal Drugs
“I had learned not to care. I blew a few smoke rings, remembering those years. Pot had helped, and booze; maybe a little blow when you could afford it. Not smack, though.”

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Thinly veiled racism makes me puke. One of the most hypocritical sentences you have uttered Jeff. Old WHITE guys and Lily WHITE Americans isn't racist? Give me a break.

I'm so glad the president explained the black perspective for us Caspers; I know I feel much more informed. Now will he explain the white perspective since he is half white? That was the most disgusting bit of race stirring I've ever seen, made worse coming from the president. He grew up in Hawaii and went to Harvard so I doubt he has much knowledge of the streets. When Casey Anthony was acquitted of killing her daughter amid a mountain of evidence there were no protests, we all just had to swallow that shadow of a doubt. Lately, "A child is dead and no one is being held accountable" could be heard on every TV station. Who was held accountable when OJ Simpson was acquitted for murdering two people in the first degree. Again no protests.

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
"Monroe County Assistant District Attorney Julie Finnochio, by contrast, ruthlessly and relentlessly prosecuted Scott. She got the last word during closing arguments, too, and tried to tell the jury that, regardless of the circumstances, the shooting was not justified. After the jury came back with their verdict of not guilty, she couldn’t resist the chance to twist the knife in Scott’s guts — or to further the propaganda that has been spewing from her office from the outset. “I just hope it’s not a message to this community,” she sniffed, “that you have the right to shoot an unarmed 17-year-old kid for breaking into a car.”

"Roderick Scott is a decent person who did everything legally and correctly… yet in the minds of many, he is the villain simply because he dared not to do nothing...It is, quite frankly, a miracle that the jury — deadlocked just a few hours before it came to the “not guilty” verdict — eventually granted Scott his life back."

It's almost like all liberals everywhere draw their warped view of what is and isn't "justified", "legal", and "responsible" from the same 'INJUSTICE manual'...isn't it. (I wonder if libs hold classes on it?)

The quotes from the article above illustrate the diff between a liberal's "social justice" system and everyone else's "LEGAL justice system" pretty clearly." In the former, the criminal is innocent no matter what (especially if he's a minority)....and if a crook's victim defends himself with a GUN - may God help him. Whereas the latter system mirrors what The Founders had in mind...

Last edited:
Jeff, I can only hope the statement you made was in ignorance of the situation and of your own, possibly limited, experience. Having lived my earlier years in a predominately black neighborhood and having to walk through what would now be termed a ghetto to get to school every day, fighting my way home a couple times a week, having knives drawn on me, being mugged at gunpoint, having my home burglarized, being asaulted with a broken bottle, all by black youths/men I certainly have cause to have a racist opinion...but I would like to think I don't. Everyone I meet, black, white, Hispanic, Asian, whichever, deserves the dignity to be treated equally until shown to be otherwise. But "Idiotic Lily White Americans"? Do you think the entire white population of this country is so naive, so predjudiced without cause, that they deserve to endure whatever befalls them or to be chastised for voicing objection to what they see happening under the guise of political correctness or the supposed persecution of a 'minority' regardless of the facts in the case? The fact that a large percentage of serious crime is committed by minority groups or individuals or groups has taught the rest of America to be vigilant, to be distrustful. It is not unwarranted. I think some serious introspection is in order here unless this statement might have a meaning that escaped the rest of us.

Last edited:
I keep hearing black groups say that all Zimmerman had to do is push the 150lb Martin off and everything would have been just fine. Normally the person in the aggressive stance (the one on top) which was Martin by eye witness accounts could have gotten up and gone to his fathers house which was only about 200 feet away. The altercation was his to stop. Judging from Zimmerman's appearance it would have been over. Walking around in you own neighborhood to see if their are people there that don't belong there is not a crime. Identifying yourself and saying that your going to your fathers house would have changed the entire outcome. If Zimmerman was on the bottom, he most likely wasn't the aggressor. But nobody wants to hear that. Just like they want to believe that the car rescue was staged or never happened.

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
Jeff, I can only hope the statement you made was in ignorance of the situation and of your own, possibly limited, experience. Having lived my earlier years in a predominately black neighborhood and having to walk through what would now be termed a ghetto to get to school every day, fighting my way home a couple times a week, having knives drawn on me, being mugged at gunpoint, having my home burglarized, being asaulted with a broken bottle, all by black youths/men I certainly have cause to have a racist opinion...but I would like to think I don't. Everyone I meet, black, white, Hispanic, Asian, whichever, deserves the dignity to be treated equally until shown to be otherwise. But "Idiotic Lily White Americans"? Do you think the entire white population of this country is so naive, so predjudiced without cause, that they deserve to endure whatever befalls them or to be chastised for voicing objection to what they see happening under the guise of political correctness or the supposed persecution of a 'minority' regardless of the facts in the case? The fact that a large percentage of serious crime is committed by minority groups or individuals or groups has taught the rest of America to be vigilant, to be distrustful. It is not unwarranted. I think some serious introspection is in order here unless this statement might have a meaning that escaped the rest of us.

Just catching up on some of the shitstorm of stupid in this thread....

I meant every word. As a caucasian man, I'm embarassed by the response of many (and by your post) to this situation. Here are some facts that underlie the only fact you and other white Americans seem keyed on (that blacks are convicted of far more crimes than whites and hispanics):

1. Crime is predominantly committed by the poor. That is the key driving factor in the cause of crime. Blacks earn essentially 60% of what whites do in the US. They are far more likely to be poor, and thus far more likely to commit crime than other races.

2. Why is that? Uh, well, let's see. Only one race in the US -- not Irish immigrants, not Asian immigrants, not Italian immigrants, not Polish immigrants, not German immigrants -- was enslaved for 240 years, and then forced to live as a politically, educationally and socially disenfranchised underclass for another 120 years. That would be African Americans.

3. Who did that? Whites. Your ancestors. Mine.

4. What did it cause? It caused black educational (blacks under 40 are the FIRST generation to have a real shot at going to college), job opportunity and incarceration rate disparities.

5. So YOU need to engage in some very deep introspection and figure out if you think that the reason black crime rates are higher than other races are due to either (a) some inherent characteristic in the black race (which would be racist) or (b) the other factors I describe above.

6. Because of this higher crime rate, LAW ABIDING black folks are stopped, searched, and questioned by the police for doing nothing at a much higher rate than whites.

And so when the President points out that the black experience in America, which informs how black folks view the world, the government, and cases like the Martin-Zimmerman case, includes things like the above, for LILY WHITE AMERICA to get pissed off and call it race baiting is offensively stupid and ignorant of history.

The President also pointed out that he had seen things get better in his lifetime, which was totally missed by the poor oppressed white guys of America club.

So again, I'm embarassed by much of the response here. Should Zimmerman have followed Martin? No. Should Martin have punched him? No. Should either of them ended up dead? No. Under our present legal system, should Zimmerman have been convicted? No. Does that mean our existing laws make sense and encourage the right kind of behavior? No. Is it "race baiting" for the President to point this out? No. Is it "race baiting" for the President to explain to lily white America what it is like growing up as a black man in the United States? No.

You're white, male, American, upper class. You are about as privileged as it gets. And yet you have ZERO understanding of the causes of the statistics you like to trumpet when claiming you know where the "real" problem is.

Sad. Really sad.

Back