ZoneAlarm Pro firewall blocking some images

Jim Pearson

Lifetime Supporter
Hi Folks,

My ZoneAlarm Pro firewall is blocking some images - for example, with it active I cannot see the image in Lynn Larsen's "Ronnie Spain's Book" posting today, but can see that in Dave S's posting in "Fuel Tank Fittings" yesterday. With ZA turned off both are visible.

I obviously don't want to be surfing with the firewall disabled so can any of you computer experts suggest which of ZA's many settings may be responsible?

Many thanks.

Jim Pearson

jimp said:
My ZoneAlarm Pro firewall is blocking some images - for example, with it active I cannot see the image in Lynn Larsen's "Ronnie Spain's Book" posting today, but can see that in Dave S's posting in "Fuel Tank Fittings" yesterday. With ZA turned off both are visible.

I obviously don't want to be surfing with the firewall disabled so can any of you computer experts suggest which of ZA's many settings may be responsible?

In the two examples you chose, Dave's image is hosted by gt40s.com, Lynn's image is hosted by ebay.com. So it might be that ZoneAlarm is blocking images that are not coming from the site that the webpage is hosted on (gt40s.com). Take a look at the settings and see if there's one that says "block images from 3rd party web sites" (or something like that). (I don't use ZoneAlarm, so I can't say what specifically to look for)

Under Privacy settings - Ad blocking, uncheck banner skyscraper ad's.
Hopefully that'll sort it.

Tim.

Last edited:
First edit to delete multiple post. grrr
Second edit in an attempt to get these posts recognised under "last post".

Tim.

Last edited:

Jim Pearson

Lifetime Supporter
roaldin said:
Under Privacy settings - Ad blocking, uncheck banner skyscraper ad's.
Hopefully that'll sort it.

Tim.

Hi Ben & Tim,

Many thanks for your advice. Unchecking the Ad Blocking/Skyscraper ad's appears to have cured the problem.

I'm in the UK - one reply from the USA and one from Australia. A shrinking world indeed.

Happy Holidays.

Jim

Back