RAY CHRISTOPHER - will he ever slow down?

Hi all -

For those of you who don't know Ray Christoper, he is Mr GTD, the main man and designer of the well established GTD40 among other vehicles.

Seems he has been building cars forever - from Hotrods, to racecars and Show cars to Film cars (eg Bladerunner).

Anyway, despite being of an age (no disrespect intended) where many people would be putting their feet up, he's still at it. He's recently built a couple of Model-A Ford pick-ups and his latest creation last year was a '34' Ford Dragster, with Mopar 383 Chevy power...

And now? - well even after a major scare last Oct, that left him in hospital requiring heart surgery - has he slowed up? - Has he hell!!!

I visited him today to time the ignition and wireup an adjustable retard to engage with the newly fitted NOS.. Was not exactly quiet either at 4500rpm in his workshop (his neighbours must love him..:laugh:)

So when will 'Uncle Ray' slow down? - NEVER I SUSPECT!

"Nice one Ray and long may it continue" :thumbsup:

A few pics from today..... oh and another interesting piece of art I picked up today. A Quad-Cam 32V Twin Turbo V8 that requires some main bearing works/repairs...should keep me busy.

Attachments

• smlDSCN1361.jpg
    smlDSCN1361.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 712
  • smlDSCN1362.jpg
    smlDSCN1362.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 567
  • smlDSCN1365.jpg
    smlDSCN1365.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 627
  • smlDSCN1366.jpg
    smlDSCN1366.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 626
Last edited:
Here is a shot of one of his toys that he built and then drove from the UK to the south west coast of Spain !! I don't think he believe's in garage queens.

Last edited:
Yep, top bloke indeed. Always admired him from the days when I used to read Custom Car mag. The V8 milkfloat, The helicopter hotrod, fantastic, a real hero.
Simon

Back