Blue Streak tire pressures?

Doug Dyar

Supporter
For those who are running Goodyear G7 Blue Streaks, what tire pressures are you using for track events?
Thx!
Doug

typically in the 26 lbs range. Now given I am here in Florida, we have Daytona, etc, those will vary due to heat, high banks, and many factors...but that should get ya started. As the tires begin to heat up and expand, the 26 clearly will go up.

Doug Dyar

Supporter
typically in the 26 lbs range. Now given I am here in Florida, we have Daytona, etc, those will vary due to heat, high banks, and many factors...but that should get ya started. As the tires begin to heat up and expand, the 26 clearly will go up.
Thanks, Scott. I have been running 24 or therabouts in my Avons, but wondered if the Goodyear bias plys were similar.

I'm at Road America this weekend, so thanks for the reply. I'll start with 26 and adjust from there.

Doug

Doug Dyar

Supporter
I am bringing this thread back up to update my experiences and hopefully someone searching for tire pressure info may find it helpful.
I've been to four track events since asking my initial question. Scott's advice was helpful in finding an initial starting pressure. The Goodyears on my Mk2 seem to like around 24 psi front, 26 rear. When hot, they go up 4 lbs or so in the front, 2-3 in the rear. I normally bleed them back down to 24 and 26 right before heading back on track.
The bias plus G7s like to follow any joints in the pavement, which is much different than the Avons. But the G7s are MUCH stickier! Once warmed up, they are fantastic. I love my Avons, but for track use, the Goodyears are far superior.
Doug

Back