Rotary Switches

I'm having trouble locating a couple of switches for my GT40 and I'm hoping someone happens to know of a couple that would suit my use.

Both switches are rotary switches to suit 12V electrics, so nothing exceptional required. The functionality is the problem.

One switch is to select the electric mirror to be adjusted, so three positions required: left, neutral, right.

The other is to open the car doors, so three position: left, neutral, right, but sprung loaded back to the neutral position.

I've tried the usual electrical component shops, but no luck so far. I have located a 12 position switch that can be modified for the mirror adjustment, but it doesn't look all that robust. Does anyone have any leads on other places to try, or knows of an existing vehicle that has switches with these functions?

Any suggestions gratefully received.

Lance

Lance,
If you can find some, why not try the mirror switches used by the Porsche 993. Its pretty small and very robust. It has a small round pad used to adjust the mirrors, and a littrle rocker switch to select which one.

I'm not sure what your trying to do with the door switch. I would have thought any toggle switch would do, although I note you want a rotary one.
Why not try some of the switch manufacturers direct like ITT, ITW, Cherry, and maybe some of the major parts suppliers like RS Components - The UK's leading industrial supplier to business, Free delivery, Free technical information.
If you go to the site, put in 'rotary switch' as the search criteria, then select 'more' for manufacturers.

Hope that helps ;)

Trevor Booth

Lifetime Supporter
Supporter
Lance,
Falcon mirror switch has L R Neutral and they are a rotary.

Electronic places will have a spring centered toggle switch but a rotary may be difficult

Back