***SOLD*** RCR SLC For Sale ***SOLD***

Nothing earth shattering, just what I mentioned above , just to mention a few items, not happy with the finished product for some reason, concerns about reliability. Comfort issues such as: hard to get in and out, noise, heat. The fact that does not have power brakes or power steering, windows do not roll down, no storage room whatsoever. Which at the end of the day it comes down to a mismatch between expectations and what the final product delivers.

On the other hand if you want an unfiltered connection to the road, a supper stiff chassis that delivers crazy levels of handling, a low driver position and center of gravity, supercar level power to weight ratio, the reliability and serviceability of a brand new crate engine, then this care delivers handsomely in those areas, to name a few of the positives.

If you want me to pin down the most important factor, IMHO , I will say that it takes a HUGE amount of effort, time and resources to make the car enjoyable outside the track, and that most builds do not deliver a good enough product. I am talking about interior fit and finish (center console, dashboard, controls and gauges, back up mirror, stereo and so on) , seat driving position and comfort, effective noise and heat insulation.

And the second factor that I believe leads to people bailing out early : you have to feel absolutely comfortable trouble shooting and solving any issues that arise after the build, in all areas, body, suspension, cooling, electrical, fuel system, etc. that means a well documented build done with ease of maintenance in mind, which is not an easy thing to do. This is not a car you can take to the local mechanic or dealership.

But again that is just the humble opinion of a builder that has not finished the car yet, for what is worth. I am 3 years and about 3000 hours into this thing, and hopefully will not sell it after driving a few miles, that would be a shame, I think. Time will tell. Always does.

Nothing earth shattering, just what I mentioned above , just to mention a few items, not happy with the finished product for some reason, concerns about reliability. Comfort issues such as: hard to get in and out, noise, heat. The fact that does not have power brakes or power steering, windows do not roll down, no storage room whatsoever. Which at the end of the day it comes down to a mismatch between expectations and what the final product delivers.

On the other hand if you want an unfiltered connection to the road, a supper stiff chassis that delivers crazy levels of handling, a low driver position and center of gravity, supercar level power to weight ratio, the reliability and serviceability of a brand new crate engine, then this care delivers handsomely in those areas, to name a few of the positives.

If you want me to pin down the most important factor, IMHO , I will say that it takes a HUGE amount of effort, time and resources to make the car enjoyable outside the track, and that most builds do not deliver a good enough product. I am talking about interior fit and finish (center console, dashboard, controls and gauges, back up mirror, stereo and so on) , seat driving position and comfort, effective noise and heat insulation.

And the second factor that I believe leads to people bailing out early : you have to feel absolutely comfortable trouble shooting and solving any issues that arise after the build, in all areas, body, suspension, cooling, electrical, fuel system, etc. that means a well documented build done with ease of maintenance in mind, which is not an easy thing to do. This is not a car you can take to the local mechanic or dealership.

But again that is just the humble opinion of a builder that has not finished the car yet, for what is worth. I am 3 years and about 3000 hours into this thing, and hopefully will not sell it after driving a few miles, that would be a shame, I think. Time will tell. Always does.

Great thoughts. Thanks for sharing. I agree with your take and I have only driven a SL-C a short drive on a busy street. I will tell you in my mind it was going to drive more like a Radical which I own. It is not as raw and visceral as that so the SLC was tame in contrast to the Radical. Power to weight way more in the SLC but I've learned monster power is more like bragging rights than anything else. I guess if no one has ever driven a car with manual brakes and steering and cramped cockpit then it could be quite a shock when they think its supposed to drive like a well refined production car. I have been fortunate to own and experience many cars over the years and the more modern the cars get the less "driving experience" they have. My ideas on cars have changed over the years. They should be an experience and the more refined they are, the less of that experience. The technology and comfort of modern cars, McLarens, Ferraris , Lamborghinis and the new FGT all fit this "refinement" category in my humble opinion. I will say Vipers have done a good job over the years of maintaining a level of rawness.

Back