Suggestion for a Sticky?

I've ordered an SLC roller which I think I will get in August. I've been poring over the build threads and using the search engine, and it occurs to me that the things I am interested in finding out are probably the same as what many others planning a build would like to know.

I'm new here and some of you guys have been following and contributing to these threads from the beginning. I also suspect that a few of you are really good at organizing thread lists because you like doing it.

What about creating a Sticky that provides links to the posts addressing specific issues an SLC builder faces when first starting out, and when getting deeper into his build?

Examples (these are just a few and I know there will be many more):

1. Things needed NOT supplied by Fran, especially the not-so-obvious small stuff like fasteners. I don't mind getting 100 of a certain size button head cap screw if I'll need 50-60 of them, but not if I only need two or three.

2. Best order to do things in when doing a build, ESPECIALLY if it's important NOT to do "X" until you have first done "Y".

3. Threads or posts about fitting non-required things that a builder may be interested in, like sway bars or onboard rearview cameras/display screens.

4. Part-specific drivetrain threads such as for the various transaxles, the LS9 vs. the other LS motors, dry sump and wet sump issues, etc.

5. Links to threads about how to do something in a way that you have found to be easier/cheaper/faster/better.

I don't mean to come off as being too lazy to use the search engine (I've been using it a LOT), but it occurs to me that some of you probably have many of these things bookmarked, and a Sticky like this would help a lot of people, not just me.

Anyone with a better overview on SLC threads than I have want to volunteer to create (and update) a sticky like this?

Comments?

JR

Back